Aladin pro battery question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barchana:
What about the newer (but still old) Aladin pro - with the 4 contacts at the front (one up three down). there is no obvious place where you can open it.
You CAN consider trying to open the case but it's definitely not recommended to do it yourself since the complete inner area is filled up with a special non-conductive oil to make it 100% water resistant and even if you manage to open that newer version of the Aladin Pro it's a complete mess and it's awfully hard to close it again and fill it up again with the proper oil if you haven't got the right dedicated toolset...
In addition, with this newer Aladin Pro after replacing the battery you've got to manage to get the settings (e.g. time/date, etc.) right and without the proper software and interface, which Scubapro/Uwatec even refuses to make available to major dive shops, it's impossible.

I have an Aladin Air. I've had it since 2001 and the battery is at 61% and its still functioning great. I remeber that the battery percentage when I got it wasn't even in the 90's. I know that when you send these consoles in, the change the battery, and they also recalibrate and run a diagnostic. So its worth the price.

mkaug:
I have an Aladin Air. I've had it since 2001 and the battery is at 61% and its still functioning great.
Wait till it's getting colder... about 1C (34F) in a few weeks time... and your Aladin will stop functioning...
Mine was also at about 60% almost 3 years and 400 dives ago, when it suddenly stopped working underwater. My sons Aladin also gave up at a remaining battery capacity of about 60%...

Luc Dupas:
Wait till it's getting colder... about 1C (34F) in a few weeks time... and your Aladin will stop functioning...
Mine was also at about 60% almost 3 years and 400 dives ago, when it suddenly stopped working underwater. My sons Aladin also gave up at a remaining battery capacity of about 60%...

You called it Luc... after a few months of heavy winter diving it's dead, I think that battery was at 59% and today it began reading "Err" at the last moment of my dive, so I assume the battery is gone.
My question is does Scubapro still service these? And do I just ship it to them, or do I need to send it to my LDS first to me sent in.

Yes, they do still service the Aladin Pro and it does sound like your battery is dead.

I recently reread my manual for them and it explicitly states the computers are good down to 0% remaining battery life. I'd be tempted to sue them for false statements if I were that kind of person. I think it is very unsafe of them to make that claim when even their techs state that remaining battery life is just an estimate.

trymixdiver:
I have an Aladin pro made in 03/95 and it has the battery soldered in it.

1. is there any reason i shouldnt replace this myself ?

The dive shop is asking $85 bucks. Seams very high for a damn battery, what do you think ?

TMD

$85 is a bit much, especially when it appears that the Brass Anchor in MD (www.brassanchor.com) will do it for $25.

This thread is a year old.

Take a good look again.:D

Thread started in 2002 :rofl3:

well, there are still people who need battery replacement for their ancient Aladin (like me), so it was not for nothing.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom