Albatros Charters???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All, I think most of you will remember me as Sand Dollar Laura. I left Sand Dollar Sports about 3 months ago and now work for Albatros part time. (Scuba Sherri, you dove with my husband, Fabian) Now that I've got the introduction out of the way....

If you want to go to a beach club for your surface interval, and there is a beach club nearby we can do it. Rita and Burak avoid this practice since they don't want their customers to feel obligated to purchase something at the beach, when drinks and snacks are already provided.

Albatros will rinse and store your gear and have it set up on the boat for you for an additional $5/day. It's on the webpage as an additional service. Many people like to take their gear home, take the dive info off the computer, etc. Plus, since everyone may not want this, it keeps their prices a little lower.

I chose to work for Rita and Burak at Albatros Charters because I like their service, I like extended bottom times and personalized care, and I like how they run things.

ggun, you may want to re-read my post where I identify my old board name under which I used to post on this board with. I am not new, but have simply changed my name. I am sorry if that confused you!!:D

Hi Laura. :wavey: We met you at my most favorite taco place...Jorge’s when we were having dinner one night!
Fabian is great! He and Peggy are 2 of the reasons I was able to get back into the water. And I truly appreciate his ease, grace and character in the water. He made me smile/almost laugh several times (which gets water in my mask) but it was all good. Hope you guys are having a good summer.

CozzieDive Laura:
Many people like to take their gear home, take the dive info off the computer, etc.

I can take my dive computer off my wrist and put it in my pocket. C'mon. :wink:

CozzieDive Laura:
ggun, you may want to re-read my post where I identify my old board name under which I used to post on this board with. I am not new, but have simply changed my name. I am sorry if that confused you!!:D

I am not confused.

ggunn:
I am not confused.

Perhaps not confused, but apparently obsessed with low post counts...

I started this thread with my forty something post with a sincere inquiry about a dive operator and I have gotten several on point responses including several from posters with relatively or very low post counts.

At least they were responsive to the question I asked in the thread starter. Your posts on the other hand did nothing except inflate your inflated post count.

I read this board regularly, but post very little and only if I can add to the content of the thread. This post violates that caveat, but I wanted to respond.

Well, I obviously have no agenda here, except that Rita and Burak are very good friends of mine :) They run their operation high on the service level, they are selective about the crew they hire, boats are very well maintained, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for beginners or advanced divers, even though they could be considered competition :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There are many great shops in Cozumel and no one shop is THE BEST, because everyone has their own BEST.

The beauty of Cozumel is that there is something for everyone. There are a handful of premium operators which will require you to pay a little more but you'll get some extra frills like towels, gear service, etc. There are a dozen or so ops that give great service without the extra frills at a lower price, and another dozen or so shops that will be your standard resort operator (large operations/high volume/basic service/low prices), and of course there are a few weeds in the bunch...but overall, if you know what you want, do your research and find a shop that you are comfortable with. The main thing is that you have a great time and come back for more :)

You can stay at the Four Seasons, Marriott, or Motel 6...and you can find the equivalent in diving...but don't expect to pay the same price for each level.

Back to Albatross, great people and you'll have a great time with them :) I also highly recommend them for fishing.

Hey Laura..my husband and I will be in Cozumel September 9th and are diving with Rita. Perhaps we will get to meet you and have tacos at Jorges! I found that it was boderline offensive that I got slammed for commenting on Albatros as a new poster. I started to check out the board for dive reports because I am getting really excited about our trip than and found someone was asking about something I actually knew something about. I think it is a pity that some people have just far to much time on their hands. Can this count as five??:

judydivescoz:
Hey Laura..my husband and I will be in Cozumel September 9th and are diving with Rita. Perhaps we will get to meet you and have tacos at Jorges! I found that it was boderline offensive that I got slammed for commenting on Albatros as a new poster. I started to check out the board for dive reports because I am getting really excited about our trip than and found someone was asking about something I actually knew something about. I think it is a pity that some people have just far to much time on their hands. Can this count as five??:

Judy, Dont let that make you bitter. Keep posting and enjoy these boards. There is tons of good info and if you can add to it then you should whether it is your first post or you 1000'th post.

Everything you said about them is true. Your very first post gave a glowing report on them. They ARE a good dive op and I am not saying that as my first post. (which shouldn't matter anyways) And just because a couple things that trip were not a good fit for me doesn't mean that they are bad. I hope your trip is awesome and you have a great time!!! Have a taco el pastor at Jorges for me!

Back
Top Bottom