Alki ~ Cove 2 ~ Seacrest ~ the Office

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Cove 2 is a wonderful, easy access divesite.
Cove-2.jpg

From the big and curious:
sixgill-passing-under1.jpg

And the big munchers:
cabezon-eye.jpg

To the shy and retiring:
Honey-Bear-GPO-8-17-05.jpg

The peaceful Warbonnets:
Antlers.jpg

And the fiesty fighters:
Gotcha_.jpg

The small watchers:
My-Self.jpg

And the tiny jewels:
IMGP1235.jpg

The voracious swarmer:
Sunflower_Star.JPG

And the frequent feeder:
Yum_.JPG

Nice pics UP, love that nudi~

Nice post showing all the usual suspects to be found at Alki. Has anyone been seeing any wolf eels there lately? I have seen them there on occasion, but it has been awhile since I have even been down there...

Wow, Pug! But....but.... where's that night shot of the Seattle skyline from sea(crest) level?

While I am completely spoiled by the non ho-humness of Resurrection Bay, I've got to admit that Alki definitely has a lot to offer, especially when one slows down to find the photo ops!

Believe it or not, it's one of those places I look forward to diving when I'm in your neck of the world. Thanks for the pics, especially the Peaceful WarBonnet :D

Great pictures, make me itch to go diving. This cold has GOT to let go of me some time!

This is a Cove 2 dive progression from 110' to 10'.

The Six Gill passed a foot or two under me at Olives Den after circling us and coming between OE2X and I.

Cabezon are a regular feature of the I-beams and GPO a regular feature of the Honey Bear.

The Warbonnets are found all over the place but this one was on the fallen pilings between Cove 2 and the Honey Bear.

On the way back there were fiesty Kelp Crab, Coon Strip Shrimp and a 1" Nudibranch.

Coming into the shallows, if the ambient light is right, I like to get low angle shots of Sunflower Stars and watch the Orange Sea Cucumbers feed.

I haven't been diving since "Port Hardy 2006" and at this point I'm probably still at least a week away due to a severe head cold.

So... looking at the pictures is *almost* like doing the dive again.

I've always hated being sick, but this is my first cold since I started diving, and I have discovered a whole new, potent reason for detesting such illnesses. Grump.

UP, that warbonnet shot is just awesome. Did you Photochop it any, or is that the raw image?

I need to get a housing for my little Optio...

Jimmie

the Warbonnet isn't photoshopped... just as it came out of the camera. I did lighten up the Six Gill since it was deep~n~dark and my flash didn't have enough oomph to do the job itself.

It is really incredible some of the photos that have come out of that little camera. You need to get a housing.

Uncle Pug:
I haven't been diving since "Port Hardy 2006" and at this point I'm probably still at least a week away due to a severe head cold.
Let me know when your week is up ... I'm finally going to have some free time starting on about next Wednesday (I think) ... between classes and being sick, I've only done about 8 non-instructional dives so far in 2006 ... I'm dessicated ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom