All around good recreational reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do a search on ScubaPro Warranty. We had a discussion about it before.. you may find it interesting.

GT3 with DVT and anyone of their octos will be around 500 dollars, diaphragm regulator, second stage is adjustable to so you can change how the reg breathes.

Find one without the DVT which is a gimmick and save big bucks. If you're careful you can find one new perhaps from a retailer on this board for less than 250. A standard octo( I personally would just get an alpha 8 second stage and hose) will run you less than 100 bucks. THe cdx5 first stage is enviro sealed, and I use two of them on my doubles. Primary is a delta3 and back up is a GT3 on the bungee. DVT is for those who are less than careful with their gear.

Here's a warning about purchasing Scuba Pro gear from LP - when you take your reg to be serviced you will have to PAY FOR PARTS - to the tune of $150 per year(if not more). .

This sounds like a good reason not to buy anything from ScubaPro (like they are doing in South Florida lately) and get a Zeagle DSV or Envoy Deluxe which gives you free parts if you get it serviced every year and has rebuild kits available for $32.00 if you don't. SCUBA TOYS matched LP on my DSV and are an authorized dealer. SCUBA TOYS and Zeagle are making sense.

Here's a warning about purchasing Scuba Pro gear from LP - when you take your reg to be serviced you will have to PAY FOR PARTS - to the tune of $150 per year(if not more).

Annual parts kits for a SP 1st and 2nd stage retail for WAY less than $150; having bought several, I think the most expensive one I have bought is a D400 kit which was around $25. If you bring a SP reg to a dealer to get it serviced and they charge you $150 for parts, it means that either you have some damaged parts that are not typical annual replacements or you're getting severely fleeced by the dealer.

For a single 1st stage and two 2nd stages, I think $75 would be about the maximum for the kits. That's still an outrageous price considering what the kits include; a few o-rings and maybe bushings, a seat, and a filter element.

Now, would some dealers over charge as a "punishment" for not buying from an authorized dealer? Naw, that would never happen:wink:

Many people confuse the Titan for the Titan LX. There is quiet a bit of difference in them. We have a new Legend ACD and a Titan LX. Frankly, I cannot tell the difference in them. They both are very smooth and easy breathers not that I will any time soon abandon my double hose Aqua Masters.

N

From ScubaLabs:

"AQUA LUNG TITAN LX
Earning perfect scores in the simulator tests and solid scores for in-water performance, Aqua Lung's Titan LX is a good breather in all positions with acceptable bubble interference and an efficient purge. The Venturi switch is easy to use and clearly marked. "

Hard to beat something so simple and durable and high performance. Maybe it does not suit the mine is better than yours bunch, maybe it does not have the "tech" appeal of some others, but for those who don't care--it is hard to beat the LX. One thing, it only has a single HP port which means if you like to have a wireless and a spg you got a problem Houston. For those who don't use a silly wireless thingy and who walk the simpe talk then one is enough. Good luck with your purchase, hope whatever you get it is good for you.

N

Let me recap what you want...1st stage, 2nd stage, and Octo. for under $500.00 Some of the recommendations may not meet that request but they are good suggestions. Aqua Luna has sometimes has sales that include the free octo., That could keep you under $500. does that include tax and all? Good luck in whatever you purchase.

I don't know if the Titan still stays within your budget constraints, but that's what we bought as our first regulators, and it was one of the best gear decisions we made at the time. I still dive the Titan as my singles reg; it's been to 130 feet, and it's performed well in the winter in Puget Sound. It breathes well, although not as well as my SP MK25/S600 doubles regs. But it cost considerably less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom