All these dive accidents are making me wonder....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A commercial diver would be equipped with two sources of air from the surface, communications and carrying as much air to bailout as you are making you whole dive with. There would be another diver in the water at the mouth of the cave,

This is gonna kill sales of reels and cave line....

Well if my wife reads this she will be relieved to know my life insurance is paid up!
Unfortunately for most who actually do Tech dives understand the training and experience in planning and executing dives safely.
We are not advocating untrained or unprepared to perform advanced dives and usually choose to encourage more training and moving slow into more advanced dives.
We try to study the diving fatalities through AA accident analysis to find the facts behind the failures and prevent them in future dives.

There are some very interesting dialog about the current spree of dive fatalities and some facts that will hopefully help to prevent further incidents.
It will take some time to get the facts out and research the details but there will be reports released someday.
In the mean time train to achieve the dives goals you have committed to and move slowly mastering the skills to safely plan and execute dives.
Whether Tech or Rec does not matter, just do it safely.

Contrary to the many comments there are no scuba police and complacency can creep into all levels of diving when it does fatalities will occur.
I stand by my earlier comment 99% of fatalities are diver error no secret in that IMHO.
Bob thank you for your commitment to try to educate and promote safe diving.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom