Almost embarrassed to ask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PS: I tore the end of my toe open on the dive boat recently. It was a small wound but wouldn't stop bleeding. The Captain glued me back together and that worked too.

...Then add something that is available OTC in every country except the USA: Sulfa Powder (or similar).
Yeah, isn't that a shame, or more like just plain silly?!

I think your buddy is a germaphobe. I have ben diving with all types of open wounds in same pretty nasty water too. with no problems. just douse it in hydrogen peroxide when you are done and you will most likely be fine.

Silkie has a UNC avatar and wants to be a Cavalier. Don't trust a word from that confused soul.

There are plenty of water proof, skin tight dressings that you can put over the wound. Post dive a good washing.

A fellow Wahoo?

Silkie has a UNC avatar and wants to be a Cavalier. Don't trust a word from that confused soul.

There are plenty of water proof, skin tight dressings that you can put over the wound. Post dive a good washing.

Ha ha. Knew I should have used another word. Where were you when I was trying to get my ACC smack talk thread going? :wink:

A fellow Wahoo?

Not sure about Curacao but I live with a Wahoo and hold them with a bit of fondness when they're not playing my beloved Tar Heels. Otherwise I bleed Carolina blue. So yes, I guess I am confused. :D

After every dive session, remove the entire device, warm soapy water and alcohol. :eyebrow: Let it dry out as best you can. Then add something that is available OTC in every country except the USA: Sulfa Powder (or similar). Sprinkle that on during your off-gassing hours.

Sulfa is available OTC in the United States... Just look in you local Feed and Seed store in the livestock section.

Ha ha. Knew I should have used another word. Where were you when I was trying to get my ACC smack talk thread going? :wink:

Not sure about Curacao but I live with a Wahoo and hold them with a bit of fondness when they're not playing my beloved Tar Heels. Otherwise I bleed Carolina blue. So yes, I guess I am confused. :D

Me too, wife is from Charlottesville. To be honest, I pull for the Heels also (in basketball).

Me too, wife is from Charlottesville. To be honest, I pull for the Heels also (in basketball).

An excellent choice.

Sorry... :focus:

:D
Just goes to show, you always have to be careful HOO you get your advice from on SB

Attachments

• Hoos.jpg
    Hoos.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 21
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom