Alright, here it is, Me being bitten by an eel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was hilarious Jim...:D

onfloat:
I had a good bite on my palm and a bunch of teeth marks on the top of my thumb. You think that was funny? It was a 20 minute swim back to the beach and my dive buddy kept signaling for me to move away from him, because I was attracting sharks. My first stop was to a vet clinic on the way home (wife works there). I didn't bother going to the ER until about 10 or 11 hours later. I only received anti-biotics and they scrubbed my wound.

Cool scar though.:D

I think it was funny too!!
i am very pleased to know you wernt badly injured, thanks , now that i know you and dennis are laughing also i dont feel so bad, as i roll on the floor again laughing, i sure would love to see one as cool and large as you and dennis got to see!!!

onfloat:
That was actually my dive buddy. I think the eel was pissed I wasn't fish. He actually let go pretty quick. If you look at the start of the video I have gloves on with torn fingers. If I was a guessing man I would say the eel was confused about what was fish and what was finger. He had my entire thumb in his mouth.

Morays are reported to have notoriously bad eyesight. Most of their hunting is done by smell, so it's not surprising that it had a problem distinguishing waving fingers from fish.

Scary! don't provoke:shakehead
onfloat:
Yep, that's why I blame myself and not the eel. What was it you said about doing something stupid and having a good dive budy?

Yup, that is what Captain Bruce (Fritz) always said. Sharp teeth + poor eyesight is a baaaad combination!

I jumped when the eel shot at you....:blush:

okay now...there is a BIG eel in the Sea Tiger...no screwing around. I do not like eels.
I think they are ugly.

I used to dive with this guy who liked to stick his hook (war hero) in the holes with the eels. Used to drive me nuts.

catherine96821:
okay now...there is a BIG eel in the Sea Tiger...no screwing around. I do not like eels.
I think they are ugly.

I used to dive with this guy who liked to stick his hook (war hero) in the holes with the eels. Used to drive me nuts.

I'm not bringing any fish and MM will have the video camera.

Back
Top Bottom