Alway looking for a buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverMichel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

I'm new to this web site and what to say HI. I live in Brockville, Ontario and am always looking for a dive buddy. I'm free most evenings after 6:30 and weekends. If anyone would like go for a dive feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Michel

DiverMichel:
Hi All,

I'm new to this web site and what to say HI. I live in Brockville, Ontario and am always looking for a dive buddy. I'm free most evenings after 6:30 and weekends. If anyone would like go for a dive feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Michel

Hi Michel:

There are lots of local dive clubs that dive every Wednesday evening along the St. Lawrence. Brockville is a fav spot but the usually go anywhere between Long Sault and Rockport. Getting a buddy is never a problem. The last few Wednesdays, there has been 20-30 divers come out. These clubs are open to everyone and its a great way to meet local divers. Usually the DM may have you sign a waiver just to protect themselves and the LDS.

DI_Guy

Thanks DI_Guy. I've been out with Ron's Scuba from Cornwall on Wednesday night. I know some shops from Ottawa also have a Wednesday thing. Any club names you can give me would be great. Also, I'm looking for a buddy/buddies that can go out whenever.

DI_Guy:
Hi Michel:

There are lots of local dive clubs that dive every Wednesday evening along the St. Lawrence. Brockville is a fav spot but the usually go anywhere between Long Sault and Rockport. Getting a buddy is never a problem. The last few Wednesdays, there has been 20-30 divers come out. These clubs are open to everyone and its a great way to meet local divers. Usually the DM may have you sign a waiver just to protect themselves and the LDS.

DI_Guy

I'm the one that never has a dive buddy...short brown hair, bare wetsuit...not sure how else to describe myself....what about you? I made 5 or 6 dive with Ron last year and so far only made it out for the first one of the season this year. I can't make this weekend but I should be out with Ron on Wed (July 6th).

Cheers,

Michel

artw:
Who are you on Rons boat? (just wondering) we are there every Wednesday. we usually monopolize the upper deck.
some of us might be taking a run out to the Gaskin or Lock 21 sometime this weekend

DiverMichel:
I can't make this weekend but I should be out with Ron on Wed (July 6th).

Cheers,

Michel
Ron is not doing his Wednesday dives on the 6th but will resume the following week.

DiverMichel:
Thanks DI_Guy. I've been out with Ron's Scuba from Cornwall on Wednesday night. I know some shops from Ottawa also have a Wednesday thing. Any club names you can give me would be great. Also, I'm looking for a buddy/buddies that can go out whenever.

The two clubs that I know of are Sharky's Scuba Supplies and Kanata Dive Center.

Usually 20 divers show up on Wednesday's and there is never a problem finding a buddy.

Both clubs are great and they always welcome divers to join in. After the dive, we all go for a coffee and fill out our log books. Its a great way to gain experience from some very experienced divers.

DI_Guy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom