Am I obsessed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice to know I'm not alone in my pathos! I've been known to get a tank and lay on the bottom of the pool looking up...just watchin' the bubbles...ahhhhhh!

Paco:
I sometimes wonder what it would be like to dive inside the city's water tower.

I can't speak for your city's water tower, but they're mostly just big tanks with sediment in them and no lights. To quote a current Country Music song, "Don't ask me how I know..."

Tachyon

I was looking at the huge hole in the ground that was to be the foundation of our city's new baseball stadium, and said to a dive buddy, "any chance they might flood that and let us dive it before they continue with construction?"

LOL

You're normal . . . in my view.

theskull

ibnygator:
I was just wondering if anybody else does this...

I'll be walking through a mall or a hospital or even just down the street and I find myself picturing everything underwater and thinking what a cool dive site it would be if everything was submerged. My kids say I'm obsessed with diving. Anybody else have these delusions?

OK, I haven't read any posts after this first one. The answer is YES. But, that's good. Actually, I though that what you described is normal. Maybe not? but it is for me and I am just A O K with that. Dandy. Happy as a clam. Perfectly content. no worries. It TOTALLY works for me. Hope it does for you, too!!! :wink:

ibnygator:

I'll be walking through a mall or a hospital or even just down the street and I find myself picturing everything underwater and thinking what a cool dive site it would be if everything was submerged. My kids say I'm obsessed with diving. Anybody else have these delusions?

I do this just about every day leaving work. Not that I want them to flood the building... :)

Ken

ibnygator:

I love that stuff, especially when it's portrayed in TV, movies, commercials...but then I'm a confirmed aquaphile anyway of which the diving part is just a big chunk of. I really dig the surreal, often sensual quality of picturing topside environments (and people) underwater.

I wouldn't call what I have delusions...they're more like a recurring fantasy theme. Fantasies are good. Delusions are not so good.

cheers

Billy S.

i get wet dreams all the time too

I do this all the time. I'll be walking somewhere... even down the street, and wonder what it would be like completely submerged. I live in florida, and during the last round of hurricanes, I was secretly hoping there would be massive flooding so that I could scuba through my apartment building.

Obsessiveness is not sitting on the ferry thinking about how cool it would be to dive through its decks ...

... obsessiveness is thinking about where along its route it should sink in order to make the best dive site ...

... and how to get everybody off safely if somehow it should just happen ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Obsessiveness is not sitting on the ferry thinking about how cool it would be to dive through its decks ...

... obsessiveness is thinking about where along its route it should sink in order to make the best dive site ...

... and how to get everybody off safely if somehow it should just happen ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

LOL, last week on my cruise I did this. I was standing in the central foyer staring at a chart of the gulf and trying to figure out where would be the best place for this thing to sink. Needs to be deep enough to not obstruct shipping lanes, shallow enough to dive. As I wandered the ship I was thinking in terms of penetration points, deck access, which staterooms would be like to have some REALLY good stuff in their private safes. :D
Then, the night I layed in bed during 20ft seas, watching my stuff fall off the shelves, and the doors swinging open I began to imagine what the ship would be like with all this crap scattered all over, and floating around me.

FD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom