Ambon and Lease islands report dec12-jan13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zippsy, I am honest person and as I told you I have no reason to lie to you and to others SB members - I do not use any other nick here.

I was really shocked that diver which such big experience can do things like this - that's the one and only reason I decided to react and wrote a post about it.

Thank you for answer my first question.

About the second one - I've asked you personally If you accept this kind of behaviour, do you?
Do you practise this kind of service on liveaboards managed by your company?

Yes, I understand that this kind of question can be unconfortable for some people, but in my opinion it is very important to react.

Many not experienced divers read this forum so story about involving dive stuff for hunting lobster (for dinner) is not a thing that schould happend ever, and should be posted here - it is my opinion.

It shows the attitude of the person who did it to marine environment. I belive that in the deep part of your heart probably you agree with me, but maybe your ego can't allow you to write it straight :)

No, I have not dived there yet and I have also not passed judgement on Luko. I am aware that you do not need to register in order to read posts. I just don't believe that you are new to posting on this forum. I am tired of the one-post wonders. That was the only reason to publish the post. :wink:

Have you ever dove at Moulana island or other Lease Islands in Maluku province?
Firstly, maybe if you knew a little bit about the area you would spell correctly MOLANA that you mispelt several times in a row.

Secondly, if your sayings where right, I might have been then very lucky to see lobsters everywhere on each dive around Saparua, Molana, Nusa Laut, Haruku, etc. for 3 years in a row.
But to be honest I think there is for the moment one of us who dived the area, and I don't think it's you.

Thirdly I don't give a rat's a** about your opinion, especially when you haven't been courteous enough to introduce yourself. I mean I would really be ashamed as a social and human behavior to bully in a discussion like you did, as per your first post. As you seem to probably prefer lobsters to human, I suggest you talk with lobsters on lobsterboard.com, they will certainly agree with you.
LIke you did, I could also ask the board "Do you really accept Veronique76's behaviour?". You aren't receiving a lot of thanks are you?

Like I already said, you should rather think by yourself rather than repeating the eco BS you seem to enjoy. I already told you I am VERY COMFORTABLE eating lobsters, especially with champagne, yo shoudl try coconut crabs it's even better (And you'll say all the blah about the endangered coconut crabs except that you don't know the situation in Vanuatu where they are some of the most common findings).
What makes me uncomfortable is your shameless behavior, which makes wonder sometimes about human intelligence. You see, I spotted right you were french, because of your rude and arrogant behavior, you are typically the kind of tourist i avoid when traveling in Asia or south Pacific, those who ridiculously think they know... This is so pathetic you became a kind of stereotype.

Luko, thank you for your reply.

I am just wondering, why you are so arrogant? Did you feel offended by my post? It must have touched your deeply!!! So, maybe you feel you did something wrong.

As a proof for my words please find below picture of Frangky - a divemaster from Blue Rose Divers (green T-shirt), who cought a lobster for you at Molana Island, as you said...

I took this photo during a day trip from Latuhalat, where BRD is located to Molana Island almost a year ago.

Hangky.jpg

Firstly, maybe if you knew a little bit about the area you would spell correctly MOLANA that you mispelt several times in a row.

Secondly, if your sayings where right, I might have been then very lucky to see lobsters everywhere on each dive around Saparua, Molana, Nusa Laut, Haruku, etc. for 3 years in a row.
But to be honest I think there is for the moment one of us who dived the area, and I don't think it's you.

Thirdly I don't give a rat's a** about your opinion, especially when you haven't been courteous enough to introduce yourself. I mean I would really be ashamed as a social and human behavior to bully in a discussion like you did, as per your first post. As you seem to probably prefer lobsters to human, I suggest you talk with lobsters on lobsterboard.com, they will certainly agree with you.
LIke you did, I could also ask the board "Do you really accept Veronique76's behaviour?". You aren't receiving a lot of thanks are you?

Like I already said, you should rather think by yourself rather than repeating the eco BS you seem to enjoy. I already told you I am VERY COMFORTABLE eating lobsters, especially with champagne, yo shoudl try coconut crabs it's even better (And you'll say all the blah about the endangered coconut crabs except that you don't know the situation in Vanuatu where they are some of the most common findings).
What makes me uncomfortable is your shameless behavior, which makes wonder sometimes about human intelligence. You see, I spotted right you were french, because of your rude and arrogant behavior, you are typically the kind of tourist i avoid when traveling in Asia or south Pacific, those who ridiculously think they know... This is so pathetic you became a kind of stereotype.

Last edited:
I am just wondering, why you are so arrogant? Did you feel offended by my post?
You don't get it, sunshine. YOU are being arrogant like the typical french, who's convinced being on a mission. This would be so funny, you are acting so bule, if you weren't so impolite!
Like already said, you're coming from nowhere, with very impolite manners. Did you want to discuss? No problem... but you are not even coming for discussion, just for repeating nonsense like a kind of lobotomized parrot. For me, that's it, final point I don't even want to read a reply.

Now I'll teach you several things :
- there are no Hengky at BRD.
- Lobsters live in the sea, for eating them you must hunt them, and you know what? they're very good especially rica rica, ask Lucy to cook one for yourself, she'll b every happy to.

END OF THE STORY.

Luko, thank you for your reply.

Your last post shows that it is a problem for you... That's good - maybe you will understand the issue and I hope you will read this reply.

Thank you for your lesson, I will be also so kind and I'll teach you two things:

1. Everyone who has ever dived with Blue Rose Divers knows that the guy from my previous post is Frangky (some people use different spelling for his name, I missspelt his name in my previous posts - my fault) - a local divemaster, who works together with Robert for Henrik - the manager of Blue Rose Divers at Latuhalat - small village located approx. 30 min from the center of Ambon City - so... please Luko... be honest.

2. Yes, lobsters live in the sea - but if you want to see them during diving, you shouldn't ask your dive master to catch them directly from a dive spot for your dinner, just after getting off the water. That's the rule. Didn't you know about it?

I am wondering why on your pictures from your trips to Maluku, we can't see so many lobsters as you said you saw around Haruku, Saparua & Molana...

As you wrote for you it is the end of the story, because this subject looks quite uncomfortable for you, but please keep in mind that for the most of the divers community this kind of behaviour is not acceptable.

Last edited:
Veronique sounds like a typical blog troll, someone just typing comments to get a reaction, and she certainly got one.

Veron if you are not a troll, 1) then you really cant come on to a brand new blog blasting people like that! Not cool.
2) It's not like Luko took a million of them, catching one or two on a remote island is called sustainable fishing.
3) Its not like crayfish are rare! The way you are going on it was as if he was eating dolphin steak!
4) From your comments I'm assuming you do not eat any fish, crabs, or anything else that lives in the sea.... or else you are just a hypocrite... or my first guess a troll.

Nuff said, you have yourself another reaction!

... and this started out as such a great thread ... :shakehead:

Can we get back to it???

Unbelieveable!!! You are such an experienced "diver" and you've asked Frangky - a divemaster from Blue Rose Divers in Ambon to catch a lobster for your dinner at Moulana Island...

There is no excuse for such disgraceful action. You gave a bad example to the rest of divers community.
Can't really believe that you are so irresponsible, Luko.

Shame on you...

Veronique76, You should read what you originally posted - Dont be surprised that people are not friendly ...

Reactions: MA
You are not able to insult me by calling me "troll" - for you I can be even a troll if it helps you.

Don't you see the difference between asking a local divemaster for catching a lobster (which is really rare at that part of Maluku) directly from the very nice divesite and ordering a seafood meal at the restaurant (i.e. shrimps from the shrimp farm)? It is really same thing for you?

Think please... If it happened once, for the next tourist this local guy can also offer a luxury suprise on the beach for dinner. Local stuff at that area don't earn for the whole day more than probably you or Luko for an hour. For earning money thay can do almost everything for the tourists, because they are relatively poor people to compare to us, who are able to go diving to remote areas of our globe. So if this situation happens at least ones per week - there are no chance to see lobsters anymore around Molana Island during next years - is it ok for you?

Probably you don't know about the village of Ameth, which is located on Nusa Laut Island - approx. 40 minutes from Molana Island. At this village even local community don't go fishing at the area in front of the village to protect marine life. It makes this spot one of the best dive site around the whole Lease Island and Maluku. Try to find information about on the web or ask the owner of Mahu Lodge on Saparua Island or owners of Cape Paperu Resort, you will see, what I am talking about.

So please don't try to focus on the way I present the problem - probably all of you know wery well that it is not the most important issue in this case.

Veronique sounds like a typical blog troll, someone just typing comments to get a reaction, and she certainly got one.

Veron if you are not a troll, 1) then you really cant come on to a brand new blog blasting people like that! Not cool.
2) It's not like Luko took a million of them, catching one or two on a remote island is called sustainable fishing.
3) Its not like crayfish are rare! The way you are going on it was as if he was eating dolphin steak!
4) From your comments I'm assuming you do not eat any fish, crabs, or anything else that lives in the sea.... or else you are just a hypocrite... or my first guess a troll.

Nuff said, you have yourself another reaction!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom