Ambon diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i am planning for ambon next april. I will arrive denpasar first and was wondering how reliable the flights to ambon are...

I have just booked my flights for my jan-Feb Ambon trip. The info I got was flights typically to Ambon from Jakarta direct, or via Makassar if you come from some other places is Bali. Have been told that lionair can get delayed especially if flight is later in day. I am flying with Garuda one way and batik air another from Jakarta. Total cost was around £125. Baggage allowance seems to be 20kg with possibility of Garuda giving some extra for dive gear if u ask. I guess being Indonesia the delays r more than likely somewhere! Excess baggage apparently around 15,000-20,000rupiah per kg. bit more on Garuda vs batik. I booked flights on nusatrip which is a godsend for booking internal info flights as done from abroad and easy to use!

pughio83
batik air is managed and operated by Lion air. Not sure if the performance is better than lion air. If I can, I'll avoid lion.
my preference is always Garuda - not cheap, but the most reliable here. In the last one month, I've used 5 Garuda flights; all flights was on-time.
They're operating direct non-stop flight from Amsterdam to Jakarta - very convenient.

Yes sorry forgot to mention that. I only chose them as was told excess baggage was cheaper and had a better flight time arriving Ambon at 6am. I have Garuda on the way back which I guess is more important as have a connecting international flight. Glad to hear Garuda have been on time!

Yes sorry forgot to mention that. I only chose them as was told excess baggage was cheaper
Cheaper than 0 with Garuda? Are they paying you for excess luggage? :wink:

Haha! I ask them who is reliable and they said batik are good and have cheaper excess baggage and Garuda are reliable and excess baggage also ok. I don't mind minor differences but have been extorted in the last in the ppines! At least I can Check off two more airlines I have used lol

hello guys I will be in mid-January in Ambon, the Indonesian companies fly, they allow for hand luggage?what weight?I contacted bluemotion diving I have done well?sorry for my englis not very good

Flew Garuda Jakarta/Ambon non-stop last month. 20kg allowance + extra 20kg scuba gear free. Hard to beat if you have much weight. I checked 47kg. They didn't charge me for the extra 7kg, so not complaints.

I have never had my hand luggage weighed on any Indonesian flight ever and there have been many!
hello guys I will be in mid-January in Ambon, the Indonesian companies fly, they allow for hand luggage?what weight?I contacted bluemotion diving I have done well?sorry for my englis not very good

Flew Garuda Jakarta/Ambon non-stop last month. 20kg allowance + extra 20kg scuba gear free. Hard to beat if you have much weight. I checked 47kg. They didn't charge me for the extra 7kg, so not complaints.
In fact, I think it's 20 allowed+23 extra but it's a good thing anyway they don't even charge over-allowance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom