Ambon Trip Report Jan 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reading your report put Ambon high on my wishlist now :). I have a few questions to make this trip come to real life.

1-How's february weather and sea condition usually?
2- Our Asian airport of arrival is SIN : what would be the easiest way to fly to Ambon?
3- It was probably not an issue for you, though in my case I am looking for bungalows nearby a good sandy beach as I am traveling with my non diving wife and daughter who would rather swim and snorkel while waiting for me : would you recommend somewhere to settle nearby BRD?
4- We might have two weeks to spend around : have you been to Saparua too and how was it? If not, Banda or Kei islands might be too "risky" to get stuck there, would you recommend somewhere else for the second week?

Thanks.

The last time we went to Ambon from Bali we flew Bali to Jakarta around 11pm and then connected to a Lion Air flight from Jakarta to Ambon at around 1 am that got into Ambon at apx.6 in the morning. I was there in time to dive the first dive. We are going back in 2 weeks and doing almost the same thing except we are flying directly into Jakarta this time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom