American Dream II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sjoliat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was down in south FL this past weekend and had a spot reserved on the American Dream II for their morning trip. I was the first diver to get checked in and start getting set up. About 10 minutes before launch I hear Captain Todd mention that the other divers have not shown. So now I'm fearing the dive will be scrubbed :crying: , and thinking it's going to be a long, boring day since I've already checked out of the hotel, and I can't head down to the Keys until my wife gets in at 8PM. Divemaster Greg says no worries, we're going out anyway :confused: (did I mention I'm the only diver on the boat?) He asks me what I want to do so I say I'm getting a little bored with the 25' deep, no touch, no-take reef dives but let's not get too crazy(only dive # 30). So he says okay, and no s#!t, we head out. The first dive was on Hog Heaven (my first wreck penetration and first dive to 70') and the second was on a 35' deep reef trying to help Greg catch lobsters. HUGE fun factor on both dives. Hopefully any visitors to the area will seriously consider this dive-op and all you locals need to go fill that boat up so they can recoup some lost revenue. Thanks again Todd and Greg! You guys went way beyond my expectaions just by leaving the dock(oh, and the diving was good, too). I had a great time and will certainly be back, hopefully w/ reinforcements.

Dove the American Dream II last fall with a few buddies. Capt Todd and Greg run a god boat. The boat is in top-notch condition and lots of room. Every trip we made we each could have brought 2 sets of doubles and still had room for more. back down there on Sep 7 hopefully for a PM dive. Theirs only 3 of us so hopefully there will be a few locals to make the trip. Glad to see Greg is still there.

American Dream is absolutely my favorite boat & the customer service provided by Todd & Greg is one of the primary reasons!!!!!

That's a big boat to take out with only one customer. That was a really nice thing for him to do. I like their operation a lot. Very professional, nice big boat with lots of room, and the crew is very good.

We went on a trip with American Dream II in June. Three divers and we went out. I thought that wasn't much for a boat that size. One diver! They're definitely my Lauderdale boat! We also got a buy 10 get one free card from them. They run a great operation!

I have heard alot of good things about American Dream II, and have been wanting to try them. I will be doing my next dive with them just based on all the great comments I have heard, especially yours, and look forward to doing so.:D

On gas alone they must have been losing money... They are DEFINATELY the first place I call as well when looking to charter.

I recall doing the same single diver trip on another boat ...
Starfish Enterprises ... years back ...
different owner but Captn Craig is of the same nice caliber.

We were sitting there on a -perfect- saturday morning.
Flat, no wind, just waiting for other divers to show at the boat.
Finally at 9am, then Captn Steve says, "Lets Go!"
They dropped me off for a pair of dives near the Boynton inlet
while they scrubbed the bottom of the boat and fiddled about.

Sometimes the captain and crew just wanna have an easy day of it
and to be selfish with such a nice day ... seems good to share it!

Greg and Todd are awesome. After several recommendations on here we went with them the first couple days in august. Were supposed to do Hog Heaven the first time out with them, but there was a couple rather large ships right over the dive site that weren't budging. Todd wasn't all too happy at that.

The only thing is when Greg says "slight current at the surface and almost none at depth", he may actually mean "ripping current throughout" :wink: That was an interesting day!

Wolfie2012:
Were supposed to do Hog Heaven the first time out with them, but there was a couple rather large ships right over the dive site that weren't budging.

Yeah, I know what you mean. There were several large ships in the area that day, which was actually kind of cool since you don't see that sort of thing diving quarries in the midwest. At one point during the dive I hear a noise and it sounded a lot like a BIG prop churning in the water:11: would have been pretty funny to watch myself after that - kept looking up waiting to see a hull cruising above. Oh yeah, guess it must have been that sound-travels-better-in-water thing:classic:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom