An "Ah Ha!" moment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The air in the counterlungs issue was my first big hurdle. On one of my training dives we were supposed to jump in and get immediately down. I'm sure I had 22 or 24 lbs. of lead and could not make it happen. I had to get back to the boat for more weight.

Same exact setup & same wetsuit, now I'm still negative with 18 pounds. It's amazing what comes with just a little experience & practice.

Yep, absolutely amazing what a few bubbles through the nose can do. It was a good weekend.

I had to learn that quickly, as I put in over 30 hrs in the pool, before I ever went to Open Water with it. Of course, the shallowness of the pool caused the O2 solenoid to constantly fire. If I even hear the solenoid kick in, I automatically release a little out the nose, all the while monitoring my buoyancy (I can feel buoyancy change within 1 ft with just my ears). During my training, I only had 1 uncontrolled ascent, as I did not stay on top of the air expansion & my drysuit undergarment got into my exhaust valve of my dry suit. 3 air spaces (BC, Drysuit & lungs) to control can be a bit overwhelming at first. Scary event..... Ever since, I have maintained perfect control,.. in fact my instructor has gotten onto me about being too slow coming up a time or 2 :D.

Did 3 dives on the unit today. I couldn't have been more pleased with my buoyancy & trim. It is really coming along nicely & trim is perfectly horizontal (wish I had some picture,... had to go on the word of 2 others diving with me). I am able to hover completely motionless & stably.

Back
Top Bottom