Anatomy of a dump valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can someone help me out here. What components make up a dump valve system, what threads do dump valves use, what size holes are in the bladders, are most brands the same (IE scubapro, dive rite, oms, etc)? I know most of you wont probably care but I thought maybe some manufactures or retailers and shops could help me out here. I dont have anything besides my scubapro nighthawk that I can actually take apart so I am curious as to how the other brands work and their compatability with other brands. Thanks

You will find they vary. You will not be able to pull one and put it on another brand most times. Some use a big o-ring seal, some a big flat rubber washer, some a smaller one, and most all have different threads... Wonderful eh?

The dump valves I'm currently using are generic valves that fit old dacor threads. it uses a big flat rubber washer sandwiched between two parts that screw together. On top of that goes the spring and valve with rubber seat plus the whole cover that keeps it together.

I know that:
:useless:

but I'll post photos later on... :D

can someone with an OMS bladder try to compare those dumps to scubapro's. Or get me specs on OMS dumps valves. Thats the only ones I really care about cause I want to swith my pull-to-dump system over to my oms wing if and when I get one. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom