And what about the G7X ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compare to the so many subject about the Canon S90 ( that I still own ) that we saw on scubaboard when it was release in 2009/2010 , I find that the G7X does not raise the same interest ans I was curious to know why :)

All is in the title :) Nobody seems very intersted by this caméra , and I wonder why ?? Even if I've made my own opinion , I would like to know your's to be able to see if I'm right or not ;-)

Thank

Dom
i recently bought a g16.

lack of a hotshoe made the g7x a non starter. its lens is also shorter than g16.

lack of a hotshoe made the g7x a non starter.

Just for the benefit of others following this thread, lack of a hot shoe is actually a good thing for those of us who are using fibre-optic cables to trigger their strobes. I think most people starting out will more likely go that route rather than the old-school electric cables.

i recently bought a g16.

. its lens is also shorter than g16.

That's true the G7x as a really short lense 100 mm compare to the G16 140 mm ,t I think it's too short to be able to help us to perform real macro .The may be soon announce G17 should have a 24 -200 mm ? if does not extrude too much at 200 mm ? it could be really interesting and also a 1" sensor as the G7X .....

Scott Gietler has just written a nice review of this camera. Overall it seems quite positive. There are many good cameras to choose from these days, and this is one of them.

Canon G7X review with macro & wet lens tests|Underwater Photography Guide
There is physically no way that this camera will achieve less than 1:1 macro with a single diopter, the G16 and S120 will but this one will have blurred images. You need more than 8 diopters with that sensor size and focus ability to achieve 1:1 so I think Scott got a bit carried away or Canon specs are incorrect and the camera can focus at 8 inches at full zoom and not 16

The G7X has the same sensor of the RX100II and this is the most useful comparison, a comparison with the Sony RX100 Mark III will always see this camera be better simply because the other is inadequate totally

The G7X offers a marginal improvement on the RX100 mark I and II in terms of macro around 5% more magnification but instead a good improvement on working range of the diopter around 30% and that is far more relevant

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom