Andrea Doria Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The "Republic" did go down with gold bars as part of its cargo. Whether they were located or recovered, I can't say. It was unidentified for years until the Doria sank. I think it is considered a more hazardous dive as well, but I am uncertain as to why. It may be deeper than the "Andrea Doria', but with similar currents and hazards.
Ain't nothing on that wreck but junk. It's amazing that we can track gold and silver dating back to ships from 1500~ to modern day, but can't fine evidence from 1909? I argued with him here on this board when he came out with his conclusions. Learned more since then.

Sorry not A.D. specific, but what the heck is this front flip entry called at 12 seconds into the video?

I've seen it on some old Deep Sea Detectives videos and thought it they were just having some fun.

It's called
Falling forward and sideways.😀

I kinda use something similar when getting out at the front of my buddies bowride boat, just alot more convenient and safer.

When you are wearing that much gear, it's often difficult/impossible to walk to the back of the boat for a giant stride entry. The side roll is often the only practical way to get into the water.

Sorry not A.D. specific, but what the heck is this front flip entry called at 12 seconds into the video?

I've seen it on some old Deep Sea Detectives videos and thought it they were just having some fun.

Lol.. I've been told it's called the "Jersey Roll"🤷‍♂️🤣

Some boats you don't have a choice. We oyster dive the same way.

Lol.. I've been told it's called the "Jersey Roll"🤷‍♂️🤣
Sounds appropriate, hahah

Is that the Dina Dee? They were on the same wreck I was last trip and yes I think I saw some people doing that!
IMG_5547.jpeg

Gotta be!

You gotta problem wid dat?

Sounds appropriate, hahah

Is that the Dina Dee? They were on the same wreck I was last trip and yes I think I saw some people doing that!View attachment 797542

Gotta be!

Yes Sir, same boat.

The 1st time it's a little weird, after that it's fine.

Back
Top Bottom