Andrea Doria Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry not A.D. specific, but what the heck is this front flip entry called at 12 seconds into the video?
SOP off Seeker when I dove the Doria 30 years ago. Allows you to see and grab the granny line better than a back roll. If you back roll and miss the line in strong current (like most days on the Doria) you're gone.

Hey There Everyone!! I stumbled across this thread about training for the Andrea Doria from 2020. I am very curious about the OP's progress towards this incredible goal now almost 4 years out. I am now where he was then. I am a novice cold water diver just now starting to get serious about becoming a better diver. I have about 250 dives and do about 50 - 70 cold water dives a year. I am very excited about learning everything I can about diving and getting as many hours of bottom time as I can each year. I just signed up for the Naui Intro to Technical diving course and I hope to dive the Doria someday. I would love to hear about where the OP's training journey took him along your road to the Doria.

Thanks,
Rob

You may want to read "Setting the Hook" by Peter Hunt. It's his recollections back to when he was diving the AD regularly in his youth, and his training to return later in life. I enjoyed the book, but I do almost any book highlighting east coast wreck diving.

You may want to read "Setting the Hook" by Peter Hunt. It's his recollections back to when he was diving the AD regularly in his youth, and his training to return later in life. I enjoyed the book, but I do almost any book highlighting east coast wreck diving.
Thanks for the rec! Just ordered the book.

There's also Deep Descent by Kevin McMurray. I haven't read it yet, but it's on my list. There are probably others, seems to be a pretty popular topic!

I bought this quite a few years ago from Gary Gentile after reading several fascinating books about the Andrea Doria. It is the closest I will ever get to the wreck :)

1709137498901.png

Ordered.

There's also Deep Descent by Kevin McMurray. I haven't read it yet, but it's on my list. There are probably others, seems to be a pretty popular topic!
Also ordered.

Just in time for my upcoming flights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom