Anilao end of May - June 2010; info please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to Anilao twice and had just fantastic experiences both times. First place I stayed was Portulano (Portulano Diving Dive Resort in Batangas) and the second was Planet Dive (: : Planet Dive : :). Both are very rustic dive resorts without much else around and limited accessibility so you're pretty much limited to diving, relaxing, and eating what they're cooking. The "buffet" meals are more like home cooked meals served family style. I'm pretty sure either place would be willing to accommodate your dietary restrictions. As I said, I HIGHLY recommend both places as the diving itself and the dive staff are just fantastic.

with two kids i would never ever go to anilao. go to pg el galleon/asia divers and the whole family will have lots of fun. if you refrain from using resort transport, when you step out of the terminal book an official taxi that set's you back approx. 2.5k php.
if you arrive late in the afternoon have your transfer arranged by the resort.

Boljakool,
I received price list from them - actually not bad for four persons.
I did not contact Accacia, seem they are high-end resorts, not in our budget. With four divers in the family, 4 - 5 long diving trips a years, I am trying not break the bank. Anyway, I'll try to contact them.

Choyster
I received nice response from Planet dive, but, indeed they are not able to serve ala carte meals. The best they can offer is vegetarian menu - too bad, we're not vegetarian - in fact we're meat lover.
We have no problem at all to stay at rustic basic resort - as long as clean and not smelly. We prefer to save our money for good quality diving.

Swisstrav.
My kid enjoys diving, 3 - 4 dives per day will make them happy rather than other activities. Sure, quiet place like Anilao is not a problem at all.
Yes, we'll ask the resort to arrange transport since our ETA is almost midnight.

Thanks for all your advises,
We'll going to Anilao - now is just a matter to select the resort/dive center.

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but check on Aquaventure resort. They have a good restaurant and do a-la-carte or inclusive. I like the a-la-carte as the selection is pretty decent.
Prices are okay for food. They have a nice pool, outdoor showers, rinse tanks, hangers/racks, lockers, gift shop/dive shop which rents all sorts of gears, patio or covered place to eat. they have kayaks, which are fun to paddle around the coastline. Rooms are small but decent, only 2 or 3 have views though. The boats are right next to resort so it convient.
During the week, it is quite, you will have the place to yourself, but starting Friday afternoon thru sunday it is full and it can be crowded, DM's are in short supply.
Shore diving, not much to see...............
One thing we like to do is get over to the pier in anialo proper and check out the fish market/vegetable market. great deals to be had.
I would recommend MakDiver in Mabini/anialo as he and his DM's are very good. Kiko has a nice dive shop on the way in to anialo and can supply you with any items you migh need, plus he can rent some good quality gear, (cheaper and better than the resort would rent). they work with several resorts in the area.
Have fun........................

Thank guys, I get a very good pictures of Anilao diving - have received several offers, some of them meet our expectations.
I have one more question,
Is early June still okay for diving Anilao ?
Somebody told me that early june is entering southwest monsoon season; mean bad weather and rough sea for shore dives.

Cheers

last june was still pretty good for diving although there was some chop it didn't make diving impossible

hard to tell this year

but early june shouldn't be a problem generally

seems you and the girls are set to have a fantastic time - you owe us LOTS of pictures and a great trip report! :party:

Jag

Hi Wishnu,

Ah Anilao, it isn't Lembeh critter heaven but it's not bad to get a break from the low vis and black sand & still there are lots of critters ;-). Went last June & one of my favorite parts was nightly dives at Basura for critters. Bahura is also quite nice.

I'm busy diving 10C low vis water in my drysuit now - miss it over there :wink:. Won't be back till the summer. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom