Anilao/Puerto Galera Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the reception then further followed it up to the owner and told us the best that the owner can give us is to pay the dive "at cost";
boat - P800
dm - P500
tank - P120 x 2
-----
total P1,440 for a dive for 2 pax

Hi,
Yes indeed there have been a mis communication regarding the rates, but I think the price they have given you are good and reaonable. When I am diving in Anilao we are spending P 1800 per day for boat, and P 140 per day per tank rented at SM Scuba. We dont have DM 's anymore since we are familiar with the place and the baot fee was divided among 3 divers. still high compared to the rates given to you at Balai.
In Puerto I spend $ 17/ dive. But if you take 6 dives the 7th is free. So its around $ 13.70 something . Far more expensive than in Anilao.
I hope that you would come back to our islands and dive. Maybe next time you could compare rates with other resorts and I think would still get around those prices or rates.
Just my thought.

As in dive briefings, the dive briefings should give you an idea what to expect. and the briefings should be what to expect. it the briefings does not match the experience then it is a bad briefing.

the rates are reasonalble the problem was the coordination. a miscommunication.

scuby dooby & gaudencio,

i believe that there was miscommunication within the management. all we asked for is to honor the quote sent to me by jag. somehow i know the rough estimates of diving in the philippines, but when he quoted me more or less P450 i wasnt expecting it to double up. i have to admit the P900 rate they are charging is pretty standard alright but how do would you expect me to accept it if he quoted me this and asked me to pay that? it would have been easier for me to accept if they just admit that jag gave me a wrong quote instead of saying they email me a quote but i never responded, and they cant even produce nor forward that alleged email. now they are turning the table, pointing the finger at me and saying it was my confusion and misunderstanding. in his email he stated clearly

"2 divers can just pay extra (approximately P450 or less than US$10 per dive all inclusive)
there'll be a minimal rental for the regs and BC and the rates for that are also online"

any layman will sensibly understand what "ALL INCLUSIVE" means.

Im very to disrupt this thread, as u can see, im new here and this is just my 2nd post. I just want to move on with life and forget the incident, but people stir up things so i have to speak up.

scuby, no doubt, Balai Resort is a nice place, i would recommend the serenity, the view, accomodations and esp the hospitable staffs working to anyone in singapore. but i guess u just have to confirm that the quotes they email u are genuine.

I'm not saying that your take on things is wrong sisid, just letting you know that the price they quoted is in line with other prices in the area (except eagle point, don't get me started on them!) for a boat with only 2 divers. I'd be upset too but I think it's useful for you, and especially others reading this post, to know that they weren't trying to rip you off.

cheers

sisid marino:
regarding your inquiry: our rates are pretty much set and are available online... what i would suggest is you 4 check in with the non-diver package and the 2 divers can just pay extra (approximately P450 or less than US$10 per dive all inclusive)

there'll be a minimal rental for the regs and BC and the rates for that are also online

first of all i won't have to repeat what a lot of the other divers have posted regarding this... although i do regret the incident whatever damage and incovenience it has caused is done...

i just quoted the above to point out that i used the word "approximate" and mentioned the rental of the gear... you mentioned that any idiot would know what "all inclusive" meant? i also mentioned rates online and it does specify "own gear"... every dive rate in the world is "own gear" since resorts do make try to make a small income from rentals... you mentioned to me your need for gear and i told you to check out the rates online...

either way i still do hope that your next anilao dive is relatively hassle free

Jag

i think all sides have been aired and shared.

And i believe EVERYONE AGREES that we are all SORRY for the incident.

Can we end the bad experience already ?

Can we all help out again to avoid such incidences occuring in the future?

Summerbabe:
Hi there...

I am back from Philippines.

Fun & superb dive trip at Puerto Galera!!!! Fantastic dives!!!!!

We dive with South Sea Divers and they are great great great. Hospitable, good service and dive in small groups. Not more than 6 of us including divemaster and trainee divemaster. The accommodation in Big Apple Resort is very nice too.

Visited Sky Dive, Sabang Wreck, Sabang Point, Sanandigan Wall, Monkey Beach and Wreck Point.

However, Anilao trip was terrible. We travelled long and hard to Balai Resort but was denied the price quoted us for the dive. The owner refused to accept his error and did not honour his email on his quote. The difference was double. We could not bring ourselves to pay the price. We made a painful decision not to dive in the end. We left sadly without doing any dive. I was looking forward to "Cathedral" dive :(
But service, food and accommodation were not compromised and thumbs up for that.

Overall, I enjoyed myself immensely in Philippines. Diving in Puerto Galera, enjoying the serenity in Balai Resort and shopping in Makati City - Ayala, Landmark, Glorietta and Greenhills was a good experience.

Hee..adding on to the good experience, I was mistaken as a Philippina most of the time :)

Love and dolphins,
Candice

Its nice to see other Singaporeans head down to the Philippines. They have great diving and excellent service. I am based in HK so Philippines is the first stop for any weekend trip. Spread the news!

Hhhm....last thought which I cannot help but want to share. The point is that we went there with a budget based on the rate quoted but to find out that they made an error and we have to bear it. Further to that, the owner said he had email us on the error and that he is going to forward us that sent email to clarify but till now, we are still waiting. Somehow, I am sorry to say that I felt being ripped off. Businesses cannot advertise on 1 rate and then when customer wants to pay up, he is being told that there is an error and have to pay more. There is a fair trading act in many countries where consumers are being protected by this act and advertisers/businesses has to fulfill what they advertised.

Having said all that, I want to thank everyone for their views and thoughts. I do not wish to pursue this further however, this experience has taught me alot. Every experience is a lesson.

Still will want to dive forever,
Candice

shugar:
amen... ako tatahimik na ako...

Jag

if you are not helping out, might as well ( i have been hoping for an email from you since i came back from anilao at least explaining things, if not feeling sorry, but instead you try to point finger at me)

btw, next time you quote make sure you quote properly, i never mentioned IDIOT... and my apologies, never knew approximately in your sense could reach as much.

lets go on with our lives and forget about this, happy diving to all......

case closed....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom