Anilao/Puerto Galera Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amen, Amen. Alleluia.

There's another thread in this section "How much do you pay?" and maybe just maybe philippine divers can share some current info on how much it cost to dive (including accomodations) in anilao, in PG, in coron, in apo island etc, etc. Every diver here can really benefit on the info for his/her future diving trip.

:crafty:

Hi,
I still remember my trip to puerto last sat-monday.
Scenario:
I was buying barbecue at a stand last time.
The cook said " Barbecue sir"
I said " Isang barbecue nga ., magkano" ( 1 barbecue please and how much)
Sir P 10 lang ( only P 10 pesos sir).
After getting my barbecue, a foreigner came and ask for a barbecue.
" How much" Mam it's P 30.00 per stick"
Yes someone is really ripping off someone. that's my experience.

i'd like to comment but grrr...... have to hold myself........

I think this is the problem (or maybe not) with dive rates in Anilao. Unlike in Galera were they charge a fix rate for dives, anilao has a tricky way of costing dives and ends up really cheap for divers. I guess this is an advantage for consumers because diving becomes affordable.

I remember I was talking to a shop owner in Puerto Galera and he told me he wonders how do dive pros make a living out of diving in anilao with the rates they charge. I told him "oh we don't, its just a hobby for most of us dive professionals in manila" :)

Axua:
I remember I was talking to a shop owner in Puerto Galera and he told me he wonders how do dive pros make a living out of diving in anilao with the rates they charge. I told him "oh we don't, its just a hobby for most of us dive professionals in manila" :)

right ..... a hobby that allows pros free diving. hehhehehe

paolov:
right ..... a hobby that allows pros free diving. hehhehehe

right on on that one! pity on the poor full time dive professional.. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom