Anilao resorts - Mayumi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you both are just tag-team-ing the whole forum. wreaking havoc as you thread! hhahha...

:popcorn:
this is an important service we're doing to the community... the more we know about our members the more we can... ummmmmm... uhhhhh....

basta...

Jag

this is an important service we're doing to the community... the more we know about our members the more we can... ummmmmm... uhhhhh....

basta...

Jag

all for the greater good, yah? and... umm... yun! :rofl3:

Hello all..I'm planning a trip to the Phillippines in April 2009. I want to dive the best areas and also do a liveaboard to Tubatahha..any imput would be much appreciated!!

please fill us in on what types of dives you enjoy and what you want to see. also how long you will be in the philippines. so we can tailor suggestions to your preferences.

hehe, this thread was featured in this month's SB newsletter...

I've only seen Mayumi Resort from an outrigger when traveling past it. I guess the only thing I can say is that Mayumi's facilities doesn't look impressive compared to Solana or other "high-end" resorts. However, I'm pretty sure their service is top notch considering that the manager used to be in charge of Amanpulo.
So if you do choose Mayumi, I'm sure you'd have a great time.

Personally, I'd still choose Solana, especially because their involvement in the community is tremendous and their in-house divemasters are well-known as excellent spotters and guides. Plus Adrien is an SB member and we can talk smack about the other PPDers. :D

Btw, here's photos from ScottFiji's recent Anilao trip. They're fantastic:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...05-fantastic-diving-anilao-report-photos.html

Mayumi is a work in progress. I've stayed there a couple of times. I can tell you that it caters more to the upscale crowd. And the food. The food is excellent.
Currently, it sources its tanks and weights from the outside, but so far I haven't come across any problem with this. I'm not too sure about the rental gear though, but I can ask them about it.
Current plans include putting up a dock this December, in order to take advantage of its nice house reef full of soft corals.
Its a great place run by great people.

doc ed is right. mayumi is a work in progress. and they've got nice plans for it too. daniel is a member of sb but hardly logs on. anyway, we went there last june and i guess things would have changed a bit since then. the place is really nice to just hang out and relax. free wi-fi too. couple of friends went diving there about a month ago and said the house reef was really nice. i dont think they knew it back in june. think they accidentally found an nice diving spot right in front. as for rental gear, they took care of the stuff we needed. tanks, weights plus the other gear. not sure if they've set up their dive op yet though which was in the pipeline. at the very least, you're gonna like the setting at mayumi. its got a relaxing atmosphere. hope this helps

dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom