Another amazing dive at Humpback Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-charters

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This place is a fish-for-all
First, you swim down through the first layer

humprock1.JPG

Nice Gaffsail Pompano, Purple surgeons, Rainbow Chubs and Bigeye trevallys

humprock2.JPG

Layer 2... Blue Trevallys... these guys are about 2 feet long each... Along with the top of a gigantic school of Spottail Grunts

humprock3.JPG

Finally, we're on the bottom of the structure. It's easy to lose people occasionally, they just keep disappearing behind the fish

humprock4.JPG

A big group of spottail Grunts.. some purple surgeons and rainbow chub, and creolefish mixed in

humprock5.JPG

Nice structure... hey would you guys get out of the way... I'm trying to take pics here

humprock6.JPG

In the background, you can see a white tip reef shark

humprock7.JPG

Nice Leather Bass

humprock8.JPG

That’s a big lobster…

humprock9.JPG

Ever wonder how the rays and sharks are related??? Well, here's your missing link. This is a Banded Guitarfish, in the same family as the ray and the shark... Looks like a ray with a sharks's tail... very cool

humprock10.JPG

Gotta get that close up...

humprock11.JPG

And the parting shot.... how many different species can you see in this pic???

Another amazing day at Humpback Rock...

How did I miss this!?!?

I'm happy to see this being developed in Panama. I grew up there and have not been back since 1992.

My parents still lives there, but they come up here to the US all the time. I need to take my family there soon.

Thank you for sharing and building up the dive tourism industry in Panama.

Wys.

I was there in 2000 On the Coiba Explorer One of the best dive trips in my long diving life.
It still looks great!:D

will have to hit you guys up when I go to Panama again... I was born there, and visit almost yearly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom