Another Halcyon Eclipse Quip...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm rigging my new Eclipse on my old Scubapro SS backplate--and I use an Oxycheq lightweight STA and a Faber LP95. The Faber LP95 is a shorter tank, and the Eclipse drags on the floor when my BP/W unit is mounted on the tank (even when mounting the top strap as high up on the tank as possible). This is not a problem with my DR Jr Wing, as this wing is horseshoe style.

I will of course keep the Eclipse deflated on the boat or shore (often in asphalt parking lots) when I'm gearing up--but the wing still touches the ground, so I suspect this wing will suffer abrasion on the bottom in no time at all.

Has anyone encountered this annoyance with the Eclipse?

mahjong

MarcG,
Which Oxycheq singles doughnut are you using? I'm planning on using my Signature 45 with an LP 95.
(I'm going to be using it with a DSS medium b.p. though.)
Thanks, Jim

Thanks MarcG. Guess I'll use my wife's plastic/rubber yoga mat under the wing when gearing up on futue shore dives if abrasion concerns me,which it probably will. Won't get to use my wing until at least mid-Feb. after a bit of instruction with a mentor...How long have you been using yours without abrasion issues? Marc, if your Sig. 45 happens to be mounted on a DSS plate I'd like to PM you with a set up question.

mahjong, If you're not familiar with the mats, they're available at Target, Kmarts, etc. for around $10 or so. They're thin-1/16" to 1/8". They hose right off and roll up easy in the gear bag. Good for keeping sand out of one's regulators as they dangle on a sandy picnic table or wall too. (The picnic tables at Keystone Jetty always seem to be covered with sand...) I like the impact protection if regs swing a bit, tapping the concrete table top or rinsing gear off in the outdoor showers. Just shake it off between dives. I double or triple it up. A rubbermaid bath mat is even thicker and has the advantage(?) of suction cups on the bottom.
Hope that's helpful. I feel as concerned as you about chafing my beautiful and expensive new gear.
Jim

Thanks Jim...I am indeed going to get me one of those mats...mahjong

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom