Another.. if you will.... investment.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kray,
I live in Tampa and if you want to rent good(ScubaPro)Reags that are meticulously maintained,by a guy that rotates all his rental gear out at least once every year.
Go to ScubaHaven across from the University Square Mall on Fowler Ave(Behind Sonic)
Now if you would like to check out some gear this weekend,call me at (813)215-7463
and I'll let you both my set-ups out.
Thinking of maybe doing the Venice Tooth dive this Sunday along with 6-8 others from the Board,but definitely going somewhere). If the bike in your profile is your transportation I can haul you and your gear to and from.
Also for spring diving I find that 2mm shorty usually does the trick.
Unless its real cold outside,then I wear my 3mm or both if doing long sedetary dive.
never have any issue with lack of movement,but there is an advantage to wearing less suit in that you don't have to adjust the air in your BCD to account for wetsuit compression.

thanks again Tim! i have been looking for a 5 4 3 and hadnt found any... might go with that because im hot blooded to begin with and dont chill easily and it will make it a bit easier to move... but its also a good idea to just go with a 5 so im comfortable year round.... hmm need to get one quick diving at a beach this weekend and then again at a spring the weekend after.... might just rent because i have a feeling that when i buy one online i will have to exchange it atleast once :)

Regulators are such a personal piece of equipment. Although a wet suit is as well....(if the previous user peed in it :wink:)!!!! I'd still prefer to have my own regs if I had to make a choice.

Recently in the pool I used a rental reg...the previous user had clearly had a cigarrette so I had a lovely "ashtray-rubber" taste to my pool session that day. Although parts are rinsed, this never gets rid of everything. A wetsuit....inside out and a blast of sink the stink and I'm happy!!

Just my thoughts :D

Brewone0to:
Kray,
I live in Tampa and if you want to rent good(ScubaPro)Reags that are meticulously maintained,by a guy that rotates all his rental gear out at least once every year.
Go to ScubaHaven across from the University Square Mall on Fowler Ave(Behind Sonic)
Now if you would like to check out some gear this weekend,call me at (813)215-7463
and I'll let you both my set-ups out.
Thinking of maybe doing the Venice Tooth dive this Sunday along with 6-8 others from the Board,but definitely going somewhere). If the bike in your profile is your transportation I can haul you and your gear to and from.
Also for spring diving I find that 2mm shorty usually does the trick.
Unless its real cold outside,then I wear my 3mm or both if doing long sedetary dive.
never have any issue with lack of movement,but there is an advantage to wearing less suit in that you don't have to adjust the air in your BCD to account for wetsuit compression.

sorry im getting back to this so late.. lol 11pm the night before the dive but if you happen to get this before tomorrow and you are planning to come out to venice, please bring them out if you can :) if not i would love to take you up on that offer next weekend.. im heading out to weeki wachee. so either way let me know. :14:

diver_sam_851027:
Regulators are such a personal piece of equipment. Although a wet suit is as well....(if the previous user peed in it :wink:)!!!! I'd still prefer to have my own regs if I had to make a choice.

Recently in the pool I used a rental reg...the previous user had clearly had a cigarrette so I had a lovely "ashtray-rubber" taste to my pool session that day. Although parts are rinsed, this never gets rid of everything. A wetsuit....inside out and a blast of sink the stink and I'm happy!!

Just my thoughts :D

yummy taste eh? luckily i get to use my uncles most of the time :)

There is no reg set up I would buy for less than about $700. I realize everyone is on a budget, but this is life support gear. If you can't afford to purchase a quality reg right now, then rent a good reg and try to save up for a regulator you can count on.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom