Another "My first regulator" question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Physiology is individual and any algorithm is an approximation, rounding up or down.

Imagine you walk into a grocery store with a $100 bill in your pocket and no CC with the intention of buying the most food you can with your money. You don't have a scanner and no calculator. You throw items into your cart that cost like 0.97, 3.45, 2.22 etc etc. Unless you have a special ability of some sort you can't possibly calculate it in your head. (If you could, you wouldn't need a diving computer either). What do you do?

Well, you probably will want to save yourself the embarrassment of being short at the register (a metaphor for DCS). What do you do? You round up. Because if you round down you are more likely to get the bends.

Common sense man, use it!

Shekes,

Congrats on your DM cert. I hope you find happiness in what you are planning to pursuit professionaly.

Regarding regs I can not offer any advice since I dive Scubapro (MK17/G250v's)and you are not realy interested in that brand.

One question... how long have you been diving (in general) and how long did it take you to finish your DM cert in Thailand? Just interested.

shekes not sure where you're going with your argument there.

DCS is an individual thing and whilst there are some broad guidelines to avoid DCS (i.e. tables, computer, etc), no one can say one computer or algorithm or table is safer than another.

you can still get bent with the most conservative computer or if even if you just use the PADI RDP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom