any awesome wrecks sites in philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon
In a earlier post you asked if it was necessary to have special training to dive the wrecks in Subic. Recreational divers dive them everyday, I would have to say that you should be advanced open water qualified. Having done the wreck specialty would be helpful. It all depends on what your interest is, if you are wanting to penetrate these wrecks you might want to consider more advanced training. Once entering the wreck the "Risk" increases drastically, once you go in it is to late to say I should have had proper training. On another chatline www.rebreatherworld.com read post that was written by Drmike, this may change your mind.

andibk

Spoon:
thats crazy 720 feet tech wreck dive??? i think il pass:)

Axua,
Do you know if they run trips out to this wreck? No joke. Would be interested in diving on this.
Right now I am after a Sub that is suppose to be in the 200 meter range off the cost of Phuket Thailand that we will attempt to dive on. I have the GPS but just have to do some confirmation on it.

andibk

Axua:
Well here's one dived just a few months ago.

http://www.cdnn.info/news/industry/i050528.html

andibk:
Axua,
Do you know if they run trips out to this wreck? No joke. Would be interested in diving on this.
Right now I am after a Sub that is suppose to be in the 200 meter range off the cost of Phuket Thailand that we will attempt to dive on. I have the GPS but just have to do some confirmation on it.

andibk

your considering this wreck? wow now i feel intimidated to dive wirth your SIR:)

Spoon:
guys i have made up my mind to check out the wrecks of the Philippines, as of the moment subic is on the list but i am sure there are much more lying around. battleships and galleons are what i am interested in. any info would be greatly appreciated.
You're going to Malapascua, right? They have 4 wrecks you can dive, Dona Marilyn, Tapilon, MV Asia, and Pioneer (Japanese WWII boat at 140 ft).

For unexplored wrecks, there's a couple of fishing boats that sank during a typhoon in Camotes Island, between the main island and Tulang, some 15 years ago. I know its there, coz my friend owned those boats and sadly, lost several of his crew.

andibk:
Axua,

andibk

I don't think they run trips to the site yet. I believe there is no tech diving facility in Leyte. You may have to arrange for logistics in Cebu. If you want to dive it I can hook you up with Simon Britles, he was one of the support divers on that dive and may be able to help you out.

I think most of wrecks are found in deep waters. Maybe this is because of the fact that had they been in shallow water they wouldn't have probably sunk if it was due weather. The bigger ships on the other hand wouldn't be able to float on shallow water, hence even wrecks found in a bay are still in depths in excess of 45 meters.

subzero:
You're going to Malapascua, right? They have 4 wrecks you can dive, Dona Marilyn, Tapilon, MV Asia, and Pioneer (Japanese WWII boat at 140 ft).

For unexplored wrecks, there's a couple of fishing boats that sank during a typhoon in Camotes Island, between the main island and Tulang, some 15 years ago. I know its there, coz my friend owned those boats and sadly, lost several of his crew.

wow thanks il consider the malapascua wrecks!

Does anybody have any info on the deep wreck that John Bennet was planning on diving on? This wreck was in the 200 meter depth range. I talked to John a few times before he passed away but I never new the location of the wreck. This would make a great expedition to put together.

andibk

Spoon:
wow thanks il consider the malapascua wrecks!

Back
Top Bottom