Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so from the looks of your map Lee you do have done most of your cooper divin'at the "T" and north.....thats pretty weird lol we NEVER dive north of the "T"..... we seem to have better luck for teeth a good mile (toward the coast) from the "T".....all I ever find up from the "T" is the old bottles

one of the nicer finds from 2011....
IMG_20120103_094257-1.jpg

2011 scraps....
IMG_20120103_094120-1.jpg

Nice 'stuff' Darkwater, that's a really big vertabrae !!!....What's that bottle to the right of it ????....What's the best time of year to dive those rivers and is there a LDS that does trips ????......

IMO the best time to dive the river is right now! the viz is the best its gonna get this time of year....damn near 15' last weekend 52* right now....the river will get up into the 70's in the summer but traffic gets pretty bad as well as the viz drops.....there is a dozen of so charters down there but Ive never used any of then......

Nice 'stuff' Darkwater, that's a really big vertabrae !!!....What's that bottle to the right of it ????....What's the best time of year to dive those rivers and is there a LDS that does trips ????......

Thanks j2s! One of my buddies picked up both of those bottles, and neither had any markings that we could see through the crud. They were both old cork style bottles, and we guestemated late 1800s on the one you are talking about judging by the mold seems. If he ever identified them after he got them cleaned up, he hasn't mentioned it. Knowing him, he probably hasn't even tried. We dive quite a few rivers over in SC pretty much year round. Over the years, I think February is only month I probably haven't made a dive somewhere over there. Check your inbox when you have a chance, I am going to PM you some info.

Hello DarkWater... I have heard and read about the Morgan. The Morgan is down there (I am in Charleston) close to where Eberlein (see below) harvests all those museum quality Megs. NICE photos. Killer vert. Is the one in the bottom right a MONSTER or what?

Really nice photos Spearit. Those are really some beautiful specimens. Are you planning to run any charters, this season, closer to the shore than Meg Ledge? How long of a ride or how far out? Meg ledge is on the beaten path and my suspicion is you may be venturing into some new and different sites.

Mud ... my targets now days are the Edisto, Wando, and rivers south of Charleston. I like easy pickins in my older years. Thats a beaut of a Meg on that dollar. I am thinking you could trade it for 1000 dollars. If I am low please excuse me, I am just taking a wild stab at its value

Great collection! ... 2th. From the looks of your collection, you are no beginner. Do you use the charters there? Do you ever run way south and explore new territory? I suppose you know Jamie, Fossilbabe, and Jeff on the Big Flat Top.

Speaking of Eberlein. He posted this photo of a 6" er he found the other day. I am positive he will trade it for 3000 American clams.

246814_224665050878171_100000040340926_953413_4176404_n.jpg

[QUOTE
View attachment 112102[/QUOTE]

All I can say about that tooth Lee is WOW! I've heard a lot about, and seen a couple of those Jet black teeth before, and they are just plain beautiful. Seeing it makes me want to pack my gear and head on over to SC. I've been ate up with this river diving ever since I made my first trip over there. I really wish I lived a little closer, and had a little more time than I do. Thanks for sharing that pic!

Where is that pic of the mastadon tooth Lee? I remember that day, lol

Lee: "Hey Mike, is this a tooth in my goodie bag?"
Me: [after looking in his goodie bag] "OH COME ON~! LOL that is a Mastadon tooth Lee"

I found one too that day but unlike Lee's tooth, mine was only a partial and if you didn't know what it was then you would of thought it was just a funky piece of bone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom