Any Ladies using HP80's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in the Vancouver area.

By "fill adapters" are you referring to the screw-in inserts that convert a 230 bar (5-thread) DIN valve to yoke for filling and use with yoke regs, or something else that attaches to the filling whip?

I have inserts for the 230 bar valves on my worthington tanks, but my PST tank has a 300 bar (7-thread) DIN valve, which can't be converted with a screw-in insert. It was this type of tank in particular to which the shop employee was referring, not high pressure tanks in general. My usual shop has no problem filling it.

I am referring to this adapter that screws into your DIN tank: Din Valve to Yoke Scuba Tank Filler Adapter

These adapters work with my two steel Sherwoods and my steel PST (and my hubby has two 100 steel PSTs).

Hope that helps,

A small female looking for a short cylinder might consider the HP Faber FX71DVB. They are 21.26" tall and 6.73" in diameter. The capacity is 9 Liters/71 Ft³, but is probably large enough for a small female to still have gas left after an average male sucks a 100 Ft³ tank dry. I am a 5'6" male for reference for the attached photo.

The doubles are very close together because they are on a 190mm manifold instead of the normal 215mm. They are about an inch smaller in diameter than an Aluminum 80 and the majority of steel cylinders.

Attachments

• HP-72 Front.jpg
    HP-72 Front.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Double 72 Isolation Rig.jpg
    Double 72 Isolation Rig.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 89
Apologies for a stupid question: When you all talk about HP80, are you talking about the Worthington X-7 HP80 or different brands?

Both, they all dive the same.
If you use din regs, the older pst tanks can be found much more reasonably.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom