Any Liquivision Kaon owners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To Liquivision,

Yes, the Lynx, you say it's due to be released in Fall, would that be September, October or November? Id like one but the money is burning a whole in my pocket not sure I want to wait until November when my dive season ends, unless I get a dry suit for Xmas that is or move to the Southern Hemisphere. Thanks.

A limited run of Lynx computers will be produced in the end of September, and a more sizeable run will be made in late October. Of course, these dates are targets, not set in stone.

Eric Fattah

So what's the status on the turn on issue at this time? Has it been corrected? Thinking about buying a XEO for a light tech trip to Bonaire in late Sep....

SPG01, sealsix14, what are your general impressions of the Kaon? Am considering relegating my Suunto Vyper to a backup and getting the Kaon (don't really want air integrated, so don't need to wait for the Lynx). How is it in terms of usability, navigating the menus, and how does its tables compare to other computers you've used? Some buddies swear by their X1's, but I think that's a bit much for my needs.
I as well would like an overall impression of the kaon (besides the wake up issue) is it easy to use. would you rather have buttons over the tap?

I am not sure about the kaon but the Xeo is awesome. The tap once you try it is a fantastic setup. Especially wearing drygloves with liners. I have used several other computers and I really like the functionality.

The display is also really really good. I dive often in low visibility and the screen is amazing. The layout is clear and easy to follow. Gas switches are simple and clear.

Other than occasionally not turning on (3 or 4 times) I have nothing but good things to say about it. I suspect the kaon is similar in many ways to the xeo.

Good luck
Stano

Sorry for not replying, I have not been getting notifications on this thread.

I really like the KAON and the display is great for night diving. My old computer I would have to push a button to make it glow or shine a light on it. No such problems with OLED display. Before I bought mine I found it easier to look at my buddies Xen than messing with mine at night.

It is pretty simple to use. 3 taps turns it on and 3 more taps gets you into the menus. I do find it easier going down the menu than going up (top taps vs bottom taps), but that could just be me being spastic. I do not miss buttons at this point and you do not really need to tap very hard to move through the menus.

Like Liquivision stated, the unit will turn on after a few feet if you can't / didn't turn it on before descending. They also have new firmware 1.09 that helped/fixed the display issues with some of the units.

I am not sure about the kaon but the Xeo is awesome. The tap once you try it is a fantastic setup. Especially wearing drygloves with liners. I have used several other computers and I really like the functionality.

The display is also really really good. I dive often in low visibility and the screen is amazing. The layout is clear and easy to follow. Gas switches are simple and clear.

Other than occasionally not turning on (3 or 4 times) I have nothing but good things to say about it. I suspect the kaon is similar in many ways to the xeo.

Good luck
Stano

Perhaps not a big issue but not something I'd be overly impressed with given the not insignificant cost. Can anyone confirm that this issue has been identified and resolved? I assume this may well carry over to the Lynx. Liquivision?

The latest Kaon software 1.09 combined with the new instruction not to tap the unit extremely hard has fixed the issue. Some users had a software timing issue that affected wake up (fixed in 1.09). Other users were tapping the unit way too hard, and if this is done the unit will not wake up properly.

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom