Any neat tricks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaticmatt:
I like to juggle seashells underwater. It' amazing how easy it is if they're not too small.
I wanted to make some special "underwater juggling balls". They'd be the "normal" size, but I'd assemble them so they're effectively neutral.

Imagine "juggling" where you merely take a ball, set it in the air, grab the next one out of the air, and so on. :D

(I usually settle for hanging on the deco bar behind the boat and blowing bubble rings for the new students.)

sandmanz32:
lol thats GREAT! my buddy and i have lightsaber duels on the safty stops. its kinda cool too uz he has a HID that tosses a bluish beam while mine is slightly orange. gets the whol good vs evil thing :D

Too cool! Do you make the light saber sound too? :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

I've seen the blowing rings trick a few times but never asked how to do it.
So...how do you do it?

p.s. during my smoking years I never mastered the smoke ring

murrayp4:
I've seen the blowing rings trick a few times but never asked how to do it.
So...how do you do it?
Okay, after taking a normal breath (*not* a big, deep breath), take your reg out, look straight up, blow your cheeks full of air, and in one quick popping puff, force the air out. The puffed bubble will promptly turn into a ring as it ascends.

You don't want to do this while you're floating all to an fro, of course, and *don't* sit there holding your breath as you ascend -- a bubble ring's not worth dying for. If you've got a hand on the anchor line, a deco bar, or whatever, the only thing you should have to worry about is not inhaling until your reg's back in your mouth and cleared. (If you do it with only half an inhale in your lungs, you'll have lots of cushion, you'll just have to settle for only a ring or two per breath, which is a small price to pay for extra safety.)

Back
Top Bottom