Any Recommendations for a Honeymoon diving trip in Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone say whether north or south raja is better as looking at both misool Eco and sorido bay - we are more macro than Pelagics lovers. Also has anyone been to PNG, or heard from anyone re Walindi plantation resort?

Tough question. In my experience the diving around Misool was the best part of all three trips I have done in the area. However some of the best individual dives were in the North. Diving the dock at the Pearl Farm, Cape Kiri, Sardine Reef, and diving with Mantas at Manta Sandy were all pretty special dives. Sorry can`t be more help.

North vs South RA is like asking if you like your foot or hand more.
They are both amazing and if you are traveling to the opposite end of the earth you are really missing out if you only go to one area.
That is why a LOB is such a good idea. Or do a week at Misool and a week at Sorido or R4D or have you checked out the new resort called Papua Explorers Dive Resort?

raja ampat is not great if you are big on macro (except for the many pygmy seahorses). great macro can be found in lembeh, ambon, mabul, anilao. the first two on that list you will be diving in tons of garbage which is not very nice for honeymoon unless you want to turn your wife off of the idea of having kids as the poopy pampers float by while trying to take a photo of a hairy frogfish. mabul is great for honeymoon with a stay at SWV or kapalai. can do wall/shark/turtle dives on sipadan with lots of macro dives on mabul next door. getting kidnapped or shot by philippine pirates might ruin the mood though. anilao i have not been to yet but hear is great for macro, not sure if it's much of a honeymoon place though.

Just back from Raja Ampat cruise. North or South. There are nice sites everywhere. Visibility was better in the North, but maybe a touch of more variety in the South. But you will be surprised by what you will see, going North or South.

Thanks guys. It's difficult to decide because my better half wants more relaxation spa 5 star type thing with odd dive or tour, whilst I want to mid to upper range luxury with amazing diving with ample opportunity for macro photography. I think we may well have to pick 7-10 days each lol eg Maldives resort for her, Indonesia for me. PNG I think may cost the earth and raja may fall out of the right time of year as may is the earliest I think but may be for financial reasons be in July tome which limits us. For my 7-10days will check out Ambon, Gangga island, (Komodo and Alor assuming a no go at that time) or a liveaboard visiting a couple of areas.

Do a Manado double, hit Gangga for a week and Lembeh (in Kasawari or Black Sands or KBR etc etc they are all really top class luxury) for a week. That way you can save on travel costs and just chill and relax and not fuss too much.
I bet you would be able to organise the transfer from Gangga to Lembeh by boat which would be a great way to get there. You could make a day of it and do one or two dives along the way.

My 2 cents worth is that after your wedding you want to rest, relax and enjoy each other and excessive travel just gets in the way of that.

Excessive and tiresome travelling can easily bring out the dark side of a person!!!!!

For your wife, look into getting a room that has its own ladder into the pool at the Laguna in Nusa Dua, Bali. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven (this was a brief stopover on my way back from Raja Ampat liveaboard). You'll love it too but yes, not for scuba access, just for honeymooning, alone time, spa part of your trip.

hm..maybe this blog article - 5 Romantic Places in Indonesia | IndohoyIndohoy will give you some inspirations on more places to visit? I have heard positive reviews about Ora Beach (Maluku) from my Indonesian friends - and it also possible for diving. I have never been there myself, thus I am not sure if they have stars resorts.

Best wishes for the wedding and honeymoon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom