any recommendations!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joel3739

Registered
Reaction score
I will be traveling to the Gold Coast of Australia at the end of March. I would like to ask if someone has a recommendation for a dive location or dive operation that is the closest to Brisbane to will take me to the GBR. Any information would be appreciated

when i was up in the gold cost, it dident look like there was much diving. i saw one dive shop. in surburban gc and it said "first dive shop in gold cost" or something like that. i assume that theres not much in the way of diving up there.

An hours drive further south will take you to Byron Bay, which has fantastic mixed temperate/tropical diving (see several recent threads in this forum).

joel3739:
that is the closest to Brisbane to will take me to the GBRv

The gold coast is 70 km south of Brisbane and you will be well over 700 km south of the start of the better parts of the GBR.

If you want to dive the GBR then point the car north and keep driving till they start speaking funny.

Cheers,
Rohan.

If you want to go to the GBR and are going to be based at the Gold Coast, consider going to the Bunker Group of islands. These are at the Southern end of the GBR and offer excellent diving.

Your best bet would be to do a live aboard trip with an operator in Bundaberg, eg http://www.aquascuba.com.au/ssi/ssi-live-aboard.htm I haven't dived with them so this isn't a recommendation, just a suggestion!

Bundaberg is about 4 hours drive North of Brisbane.

See the earlier thread for suggestions for more local diving.

Back
Top Bottom