Any Thoughts on ProMate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But, the intermediate pressure was not set at the factory on some of them so they could not be used right out of the box.WAY TOO HIGH ! I used one personally in Coz last week and the IP fell out of adjustment on my second dive day. I did find a minor defect and was able to "eyeball" the IP adjustment screw and take it on a night dive the same day.

All in all they breath great and are great value for the money. Just make sure the dive center sets it up prior to you using it.

Ron

You answered my previous question about these in another thread. I just bought 2 Tilos RL2000 Proteus Regulators (same as these and DiveRite RG2000) because the kits and service manual are available but I think I have same High IP issue out of the box? 2nd stage free flows and pops and burps?

I have only quickly installed each in turn on a tank to see how they breathed and each did same thing so I think I second your recommendation to either have them checked and set up by dealer before attempting to dive them!!!

You answered my previous question about these in another thread. I just bought 2 Tilos RL2000 Proteus Regulators (same as these and DiveRite RG2000) because the kits and service manual are available but I think I have same High IP issue out of the box? 2nd stage free flows and pops and burps?

I have only quickly installed each in turn on a tank to see how they breathed and each did same thing so I think I second your recommendation to either have them checked and set up by dealer before attempting to dive them!!!

I think the ODT regulators are great. That being said, the manufacturer EXPECTS that the reseller will bench test the regulators. It is my experience that this entire line of regulators(many brand names) should ALWAYS be bench tested and adjusted prior to being put in service. The quality is great, the price is right, but they do need the touch of service EITHER at the importer or at the delivering dealer.

Phil Ellis

But, the intermediate pressure was not set at the factory on some of them so they could not be used right out of the box.WAY TOO HIGH ! I used one personally in Coz last week and the IP fell out of adjustment on my second dive day. I did find a minor defect and was able to "eyeball" the IP adjustment screw and take it on a night dive the same day.

All in all they breath great and are great value for the money. Just make sure the dive center sets it up prior to you using it.

Ron

Can you elaborate on the defect you mentioned?

So far I have not been able to get IP set to 140 psi. It was at about 180 out of the box and won't so far adjust down to 140.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom