Anybody diving for Megs this winter??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Lee, I just went to youtube and viewed your profile and noticed you too are an M.E. and you are in the aerospace industry. I am an M.E. for Boeing, one of their lead engineers. I get to train new engineers and mentor them as they grow professionally. Well, that and I still have to do my "real" job too, lol. I have waaaaaaaaay too many meetings, lol

Hey, on a side note, I have a 4 lb confederate solid shot (cannonball) that was given to me and it was found on James Island. I have like 56 civil war maps of South Carolina, some nice ones of Chucktown (Charleston to those that don't know). Let me know if you are interested in a copy of them.

a group diving trip sounds good, ledge or river....... i wonder if there are any ledges that are not super deep off the ga coast or the atlantic side of FL.........any where there are prehistoric scallops there should be teeth......lee, impressed with the dremmel work on the back, all i can say is OBSESSION, ha ha. pot can't call the kettle black though.

The Civil War maps sound interesting Mike. Maybe I can peruse them one day. I met a collector that said he found most of his stuff searching the ground in between the opposing forces. The cannonball is cool. I saw one at Magnolia Plantation. They found it in the yard I think, not sure. They have em in the downtown Museum and at Fort Sumter. I can take you to the spot where the first shot of the Civil War was fired if you like. Or I can pin point it on a Google map. There is a memorial stone in the woods marking the spot.

I definitely have interest in Battery Wagner.

Sharky... I go hooked back in 96'. I did not choose it. It chose me. I found myself diving not for diving purposes but for finding things. will type more later. need to run

If so, PLEASE post some pics or a report, anything, cause I need a fossil fix....

I understand the fossil addiction because I have it. I did not choose to have a fossil addiction. They just have a hold on me. Don't understand it. Can't explain it.

I thought I would post some photos of a site we dive on occasion. We call it the "Kiddie Pool". We call it the Kiddie Pool because it is only 15 feet deep. No current. EASY diving. It is a very beautiful spot in the back woods. It is a branch off of the Cooper River (Charleston SC). The area is called the "French Quarter". I can hook you up with a boat if you want to dive it. The tooth on the right side of my hand I found here. I found it about 15 feet into the photo on the far left.

(I found the copper color Angustiden on the left in the main river)

tooth.jpg

Hello BumbleBee,

Yes I have dove the Edisto. I dove the Edisto one Saturday about 10 years ago. Have not been back since. I went with two local, very experienced, divers. We took a pick-up truck (bed full of alum 80's), and a boat. One of the guys had done research and found a location where sea-going merchant ships were unloaded in the early 1800's. We had with us underwater metal detectors and a closed circuit underwater TV. We were in hopes of finding some high dollar collectible artifacts. One of the guys had earlier found some Spanish and French coins in the Cooper River and I think he had the "get rich" fever. Long story short, we did not find any 200 year old artifacts off old ships but we did have fun.

Not many dive charters running off the GA coast. Apparently there are a few. One of the best items I am aware of off the GA coast is Grays Reef. It is a birthing ground for the Right Whale.

i wonder if there are any ledges that are not super deep off the ga coast

I understand the fossil addiction because I have it. I did not choose to have a fossil addiction. They just have a hold on me. Don't understand it. Can't explain it.

tooth.jpg

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Lee, the edisto video was awesome as well. we have stayed on edisto island several times at a friends place. the next time i go i will try to dive the edisto........

Back
Top Bottom