Anybody diving for Megs this winter??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Sharky...I had a tapir jaw. When I brought it back to the boat they said "Thats a tapir jaw". And I said "Whats a tapir?" They said something about ancient pig and then got all excited about it. I actually lost it in a business deal with a diver. He said I had to throw it in to sweeten the deal.

Hey Sharky...I had a tapir jaw. When I brought it back to the boat they said "Thats a tapir jaw". And I said "Whats a tapir?" They said something about ancient pig and then got all excited about it. I actually lost it in a business deal with a diver. He said I had to throw it in to sweeten the deal.

i have heard tapirs described as basically, giant prehistoric armadillos..........

I couldn't image finding a virgin fossil bed, that would be just too cool!!!!

I want to get back in the water so bad. I think I may brave the cold and get into the Edisto river next weekend. Anyone is more then welcome to go with me, If you are interested, please PM me.

BumbleBee,

I would rent tanks in Greenville and bring them with me, or make arrangements with Charleston Scuba.

Edisto is not a big town. Your best bet may be to make Charleston your destination and then drive down to Edisto for your diving. Edisto is a secluded out of the way kinda place.

I have camped at Edisto several times and rented houses there too. I love that it is out of the way. Just wondered if there was anything closer than Charleston Scuba.

Somebody said me to not too long ago when I was speaking of my fondness for Edisto that there was nothing but the beach there and nothing exciting. I said exactly that is why I go there!

I was just hoping there was a shop within 30 to 45 minutes from there. How long of a drive is it from the beach to Charleston Scuba?

Mike the current temperature of the water in the Charleston Harbor is 48 degrees F. Have you ever dove water that cold?

You and I are going to dive some virgin bone-yards come summer. I am going to talk to Captain Johnny about it.

We are going to use his boat, the Surface Interval.

I am also going to talk to Captain Phil (he doesnt talk about it but he has done over 6000 Cooper river dives) about putting us on some virgin sites. I have dove off his boat many dozens of times. This man knows the Copper like a book

I will never forget seeing this guy named Gil come up out of the Cooper River with this old jug.

What a fabulous find! He was VERY happy with it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom