Anybody diving for Megs this winter??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of the teeth I found while diving the Edisto river in Charleston SC last weekend. Wanting to go back and hunt for MORE!

These teeth are very dirty and I will post more photos of them after I clean them.

Two Angustidens (on the left)

Megalodon (on the right)

000_0419.jpg

000_0410.jpg

000_0411.jpg

I would love to have an angustidens tooth or 20 in my collection. I have never found one down here in Savannah. These are very interesting teeth to me.

Skipper, Here is an Angustiden Phill pulled out of the Edisto River a couple of months ago. I am seeing Angy after Angy come out of that river.

Well I just watched the video again and I do not see any cusps. Need to check my identification references again on this one

Count on me for Jul 9th. Will bring sunscreen, food, water, and my camera of course. Been having this strange daydream of struggling to push a large prehistoric ivory elephant tusk onto the boat. The gravel bed I hunted in last time was the best I have seen in 10 years. I found the Mastodon tooth by touch, not by sight. I picked it up with my left hand, without looking at it, and brought it to my eyes. The Mastodon tooth felt out of the ordinary to my hand so I picked it up and took a look at it. I am finding out that I search with my hands much more than I previously realized. I am noticing that I use my hands to feel through the rubble beside me while my eyes are looking through the rubble in front of me. I am still re-living the thrill of the 4" Megalodon tooth suddenly popping up right in front of my eyes. It was completely exposed, just laying there on the bottom. It was by itself, was not even mixed in with gravel. I hope we find a nice Meg burial ground on the 9th. I am up for the hunt. Let's go fossiling!

Check out the latest video clip posted by the Ditchweezil and his son snorkeling the Edisto for Angies and a few Megs

Last edited:
Scubadadee, If you still have room, count me in as well. I went diving today and got some sweet megs but I am itching to do some different diving. Sounds like fun to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom