Anyone be interested in a Suunto interface in kit form?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check me website listed above and you should also now be able to see a couple pictures of the kit form. I have all components laid out and taped on a sheet of paper and are labeled with both part number/identification as well as a coded number to match the component to its location on the pc board to ease assembly. I also have included a few illustustrations for those not familiar with the layout. I will also be soldering the wire ends to both the db9 connector and to the pc board to avoid any confusion there. If anyone purchases the kit, please give me some feedback or ideas how to improve it. thanks

jamiei once bubbled...
Check me website listed above and you should also now be able to see a couple pictures of the kit form. I have all components laid out and taped on a sheet of paper and are labeled with both part number/identification as well as a coded number to match the component to its location on the pc board to ease assembly. I also have included a few illustustrations for those not familiar with the layout. I will also be soldering the wire ends to both the db9 connector and to the pc board to avoid any confusion there. If anyone purchases the kit, please give me some feedback or ideas how to improve it. thanks
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I can't find the kit pics. Can you post the URL? I want to see it before I commit to buying it...if it looks too daunting, I will just order the completed unit :D

sorry... I just updated the instructions and will be adding different pictures. I'll put them back up now.

I have a picture of whats in the kit as well as a pic of the two pages of instructions/illustrations. I've taken the headache out of the kit and anyone should be able to put it together from the new illustrations I made for it tonight. I'll put an image on the site asap of the new instructions sheets.... color coded... Again the address is http://www.athenshomesolutions.com/id14.html
I'll be adding a questions/comments form just for this page soon also as well as a FAQ/Troubleshooting section.

I asked (begged) Santa for one, but I don't think she got it for me. If not I'll order one. It's something I've been wanting to play with during the winter, but the interfaces Suunto sell doesn't seem worth $150.00. (Cozumel is only $250.00 round trip)

BTW what's the "don't do it this way" pic about?

Oh yeah, the site looks good.

in my instructions and in that picture, I recommend removing the 4 screws that hold the rear cover on the cobra. This just makes it worlds easier to see the dive computer contacts and make sure you're making proper contact. Wrist mounts like the mosquito don't have this problem. It was just a tip is all. The rear cover on the cobra just gets in the way and is easy to remove.

also, thanks... it still has a lot of work to be done on it, but I put the interface pages together in one night so they could be improved. thanks and happy holidays everyone

Back
Top Bottom