Anyone been Diving in S. Florida after Wilma?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone has a up-date on the boat launch out of WPB , near the Blue Hearing Bridge, if it' s open, and can you launch a boat from there. I'm taking my boat down there this weekend, and diving all weekend, and was wondering if anyone knows if it's open.

Also any up-dated VIS report's through this week, from Jupiter to West Palm Beach would be appreciated, as well be diving both day and night all weekend in that area, thanks !!

Marco:

Viz has been bad. I know Jupiter Dive Charters has been updating the viz on a daily basis on their website, www.jupiterdivecharters.com. Also, Pura Vida Divers (www.puravidadivers.com) has an update on their website under "Captain's Log". Both say the viz has been marginal but hopefully it's clearing up. Now if the front coming through and the persistent east winds won't get it too rough. I'm hoping on going down to West Palm myself this Sunday.

Doug

debersole:
Marco:

Viz has been bad. I know Jupiter Dive Charters has been updating the viz on a daily basis on their website, www.jupiterdivecharters.com. Also, Pura Vida Divers (www.puravidadivers.com) has an update on their website under "Captain's Log". Both say the viz has been marginal but hopefully it's clearing up. Now if the front coming through and the persistent east winds won't get it too rough. I'm hoping on going down to West Palm myself this Sunday.

Doug

Hey thank's Douglas., If your down that way, give me a call, if you don't have my cell #, I'll pm you with it , as I would love to see that Sport Kiss CCR RB your diving !!

I want to get one, as I'm in the market for that RB, If your going to be down there, I'd really like to check it out!

Were also watching the cold front, right now there saying 2' -4' inside, and 5'-6' in the gulf stream. I have a 25' cabin cruiser, sit's really high outta the water also, so as of now, we still may go down, and were hoping it's 2' -4' along the coast .

Douglas, If you want to come down with us to the Key's on thanksgiving weekend, were also heading down for 4 day's of diving with my boat, and have 3 diver's right now, 2 on rebreather's, and will be diving all the wreck's, + reef's, and also doing a bunch of night diving. If your interested drop me a PM, we would love to have ya come along !!

I checked the daily online report for the SCUBA Club in WPB. It says that the vis was 50ft yesterday (11/8). Is this info up to date ... or is it a typo and really 5ft ? Can anyone corroborate this ?

http://www.thescubaclub.com/dreport.html

p.s. I scratched my head after seeing the shark pic. I don't ever recall seeing white tips in WPB.

Looks like the vis is getting better.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom