Anyone diving this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lisa_j

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since the tropical storm warning was a joke, and we're not ready to pack it up for the season yet, we're thinking of driving off-Cape tomorrow to get a nice shore dive in...maybe Rockport or RI. Just seeing if anyone will be out.

We're nowhere near packing it up but we're concerned about visibility for tomorrow (Sunday). The forecast for seas seems fine enough and every update seems to be milder. We're wavering between a Cape Elizabeth Maine site and and Winnepesaukee. My buddies have done neither but as always there's probably more to see in the ocean.
My LDS gang dove this morning in Kennebunkport but I had some dad duties that kept me home.

Any ocean vis reports?

Pete

I'm aiming for Boston Outer Harbor tomorrow ( Sunday) with a buddy off my boat.
Hoping for the best. I probably could have gone out today but the report was so bad of course I didn't.

spectrum:
We're nowhere near packing it up but we're concerned about visibility for tomorrow (Sunday). The forcase for seas seems fine enough and every updat seems to be milder. We're wavering between a Cape Elizabeth Maine site and and Winnepesaukee. My buddies have done neither but as always there's probably more to see in the ocean.
My LDS gang dove this morning in Kennebunkport but I had some dad duties that kept me home.

Any ocean vis reports?

Pete

lisa_j:
Since the tropical storm warning was a joke, and we're not ready to pack it up for the season yet, we're thinking of driving off-Cape tomorrow to get a nice shore dive in...maybe Rockport or RI. Just seeing if anyone will be out.

high tide is noonish so what time were you planning on going. would you be interested in diving folly cove around that time?????? will check back later to see if you have responded

nite_diver

well we ended up going to CT for the night and got back a little too late today, so we're going to try for next weekend.
Thanks for your responses and hope everyone had good dives today!

Diving was good today ( Sunday) at outer Boston harbor.
Morning fog and some decent swells which mostly subsided in the late morning.
Almost no wind. Vis was decent at spots. Got plenty of lobsters.
Got boarded by the EP while out at sea and no problems...lobsters were legal...professional ok guy that checked us out.
Got one 4 3/4 inch bug.....massive!
John C.

lisa_j:
well we ended up going to CT for the night and got back a little too late today, so we're going to try for next weekend.
Thanks for your responses and hope everyone had good dives today!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom