Anyone dove with Konaquatica recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leungbl

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We will be in Big Island for a week in July. Wondering if anyone has dove with Konaquatica lately? We are beginner divers and only have 30 dives log. Any suggestions for other dive operators are much appreciated.

We will be in Big Island for a week in July. Wondering if anyone has dove with Konaquatica lately? We are beginner divers and only have 30 dives log. Any suggestions for other dive operators are much appreciated.

When we dive on Kona, we dive with Big Island Divers and really have a great time. Jacks Diving Locker also gets very good reviews from the members here who have dived with them.

I really like Big Island Divers (with Teamcasa). They were a great group and took extremely good care of us. On a return to Kona, I won't even give a thought to who to dive with, it will be Big Island Divers.

I was just in Kona 2 weeks ago - *sob* it already seems like so long ago - and dove with Kona Honu Divers. They were awesome. Friendly, professional, and priced well to boot.

Great timing for you to go with the dollar buzzing around $0.92!

Enjoy! And do the Manta dive if you have the time and the funds. It's out of this world.

we will be there next week and diving with Big Island Divers.

We went with them and their tanks are faulty - ran out of air when the gauge shows 300 psi. Also, we were on a private dive with Jim Holt, owner. I asked to come up when tank showed 500 psi but he thought we could stay below longer. Then I ran out of air at 15 feet (when the gauge showed 300 psi). We paid extra for personal service and dive just for the 2 of us. Probably okay for experienced divers who could copy better with this stress.

Been diving with Big Island since 01, they are crazy people to hang with. definatly go the extra ten miles for ya. if you do photography, they tend to keep the group moving away from you so you don't miss any shots. one girl had a collapsable reflector to help me and the wife with some coral shots. can't say enough good bout them.

Big Island Divers for the win, hot showers after the dive, the women get a free conditioner hair wash from captain Jim, my wife just loved it, a big plus was that they cleaned and dried your gear so you don't have to mess with it

Back
Top Bottom