Anyone know of Divemaster internships in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We run 4 and 6 week Divemaster internships at Blue Angel Scuba School, which is partnered with Cozumelidc. We are a PADI 5 star instructor development centre that runs a full schedule of both divemaster and instructor programs. I believe we offer the very best program available on the island, and are the only facility in the region to offer free boat diving on your time off so that you can experience the amazing marine park. Also, you would be trained only by our IDC Staff instructors and Course Director, and would not be farmed out to get your training and experience in an unrelated shop as others do. When you do your internship with us, you are part of our team. I would invite you to take a look at our our webpage at Cozumelidc.com, blueangelscubaschool.com, or reach me at cozumelidc@gmail.com.

Thanks for the info, will look it up!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/233724-suspended-course-director.html

I was going to go there and had a huge problem its old news to me now. I just know the Course Director switched to SSI and was suspended from PADI as was Dive Shop, he resigned from PADI and tried to partner up with another CD, but believe PADI is not allowing it. His website is still up and he may still be in business which sucks as he evidently is not honest about his work. Check out the thread above and see for yourself. Contact PADI also. I think there are lots of places other than them in Mexico.

I am not sure who you are talking about being PADI and then switching to SSI but it is not me Mike Sobel CD 184319. Been PADI all my diving career and I run one of the most successful Divemaster Internships in Mexico with over 100 DM's certified this year alone. If you want to contact any of my past or current students I suggest you look at the https://www.facebook.com/Divemaster.Internships.

Last time I was there a couple of young folk with Aldora had done something really interesting on the mainland before doing their internship there, out was some sort of conservation related project, I think they dived making more of the fish etc they saw... Sounded like a really interesting thing to do. Maybe someone more familiar could comment.

---------- Post added June 7th, 2014 at 07:40 PM ----------

Notes, not more. Autocorrect.

Last time I was there a couple of young folk with Aldora had done something really interesting on the mainland before doing their internship there, out was some sort of conservation related project, I think they dived making more of the fish etc they saw... Sounded like a really interesting thing to do. Maybe someone more familiar could comment.

---------- Post added June 7th, 2014 at 07:40 PM ----------

Notes, not more. Autocorrect.

Sounds like a REEF count. REEF does a lot of that.

Back
Top Bottom