Anyone order from LeisurePro? They seem pretty messed up...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My girlfriend and I made separate orders on Monday, before their 3pm EST deadline for expedited shipping...I ordered 2 day, my girlfriend paid for 1 day.

They shipped my girlfriend the wrong computer, and they shipped my order just last night. Meaning it won't get here in time for me to check that everything works before I leave for Mexico on my qualification dive the next AM.

When I called them, their response was, "Sorry, if you don't like the reg, you can return it." What good does that do me! "You can trust us to check the reg out." (it's used) If you are so incompetent as to screw up two orders AND drop the CS ball, how can I trust you to check out a used reg? :shakehead:

My order from Scubatoys went very well though...Fast communication on an out of stock item that I had ordered and fast shipping.

87GN,

I realize we have reached the eleventh hour and there is little to do now to rectify the situation. Despite systems set up to avoid this very thing and the great lengths we go to in order to provide customer satisfaction, these things sometimes happen. Unfortunatly sometimes they come at a most inconvinient time. Please feel free to contact me personally with your order number and I will make sure that we resolve these issues. Safe diving.

Adam

I don't think ordering at the last minute and have problem is a LP 's issue. It is based on timing required between receiving the order, pack it and release to UPS. Even amazon, when confirming a 2days, allows itself an extra day for packing. It is unreasonable to expect getting goods in 2 days from East to West coast, unless package is ready immediatly.

So far, I had very good experience with LP (and diver-supply as well). Only complain would be the return policy for most of the goods, where indeed you have to pay. In some cases, it does not make sense. So you just need to put a little more thinking before you clic on the order button !

Compared to what other post have said, I have found LP being pretty good in answering to emails. Fast, and sometime even during the week end.

Hmm, you paid for second day shipping, ordered on Monday, should get it today, and you are complaining before it has arrived?

Your GF got the wrong computer? Not sure who's fault that is, or exactly what that means. Was it a BETTER computer? Did she screw up, or did they because you don't say.

Regardless, if you plan on doing internet shopping, expect internet time frames? You left yourself no time to deal with anything that might go wrong. Worst yet, you have left yourself no time to become comfortable with this equipment before taking it on vacation.

In two words... newbie mistakes.

I've been ordering from LP for years, IMO they are a big reason you have internet retail scuba pricing in the first place. I've experienced nothing but great service from LP. ScubaToys also has great service, but guess what? They sometimes screw up as well.. so you always take a chance ordering anything online if you need it now.

If you expect Local quality service, the best advice is to expect to pay for such.

I have nothing but positive things to say about LP, I've spent thousands there in the last two years and have never had a mistake, they even guaranteed me a package on time when I phoned the order in for a last minute Akona Carry-On bag. Charged me regular ground shipping and sent it 2nd day air.

Nothing like ordering from across the country for those surprise last minute qualification dives, is there? :wink:

So, last-minute planning on your part, combined with an ordering issue on their part means you don't get to save 35% after all? Maybe you should have checked an LDS and paid for personal service and immediate delivery of goods... that is what they are for - and air fills.

For the record, I have had many things from there arrive across the world without issue using the standard shipping. And their communication with me was great. It sounds like you just had a bad experience. If scubatoys is your store of choice from now on, great. I have no affiliation with them other than a strict customer/supplier relation.

Yes, I ordered at the last minute. I was told to contact a board member here about buying a used regulator. After giving him a little while to get back to me (he's probably off diving, no big deal) I decided that if I needed a reg I would have to order one quickly.

I would love to support my LDS but the only reg they carry that I can afford is the one I used in training and I have, shall I say, not fallen in love with it. Above that reg the price doubles and goes up from there.

I figured I would get flamed for this, but whatever. I guess I will go back to lurker status. I did get a lot of good advice for my first and second post. :wink: For what it's worth, I did give them a call before posting this - I did not simply run to the internet and whine - but the lady's nonchalant attitude was a turn off, shall I say. I come from another industry where customer service is one of the most important factors in making a purchase and when you say you will ship something that day, you ship it that day. Anyway, it looks like LP has seen the thread, and is willing to take care of it, so my concerns are moot...

Oh, and yes, the date of the qual dive was something as a surprise, as I am not paying for it and as late as the end of last week thought we were going in late October, but my girlfriend wanted to go sooner, and she's footing the bill, sooo... :confused:

I had a very bad experence with LeisurePro over a year ago. I bought a tank from them and it would not hold air.

Hmm, how does a tank NOT hold air? Did it have a big hole in the side? Maybe a valve issue?

Sounds like XSScuba took care of the problem? Difficult to say based on your rather non-descriptive post on the subject.

I like ScubaToys, but your leap to LP sucks, Scubatoys rocks seems to have little basis.... I've been using both for years.. I've had great service from both.

Why did you not just order the tank from ScubaToys in the first place?

I have nothing but positive things to say about LP, I've spent thousands there in the last two years and have never had a mistake, they even guaranteed me a package on time when I phoned the order in for a last minute Akona Carry-On bag. Charged me regular ground shipping and sent it 2nd day air.

One has to pay attention to their holiday schedule. I once paid for express service ( over night?, can't recall ) only to realize they won't send it for a day or so because of some holiday they celebrate. Express shipping was a total waste of money on that transaction for me.

P.S.

I've purchased many things from LP and I'm satisfied with their service.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom