Anyone order from LeisurePro? They seem pretty messed up...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We all have different experiences involving different things in life. The idea that someone didn't get the service they anticipated doesn't mean they won't get it the next time. There are several businesses I will not frequent because of past instances of less than stellar customer service, doesn't mean everyone can expect the same thing, it just happened. Personally I like the idea of buying something, paying for it and walking out with it at the same time, kinda takes the problem of shipping out of the picture. My preference doesn't work for some people. May be tough to find what you want locally in Arizona. I have purchased all my gear from my LDS at a competitive price. Someone else may think saving 10% is more important than walking out the door with the item you wanted. It is all in what you want. If your one of the ones that saving the money is more important then you need to take into consideration that shipping is involved and not everthing goes as planned. I am sorry you didn't get your reg on time, and sorry that the LDS didn't have what you wanted at a competitive price. Now, if you have to rent your equipment and go have fun! That is what this is all about anyway.

PS This subject is always a hotly contested discussion(online supplier vs LDS). Words of advise also include, if you buy a BC instead of a BP/W don't admit it or if you buy split fins don't admit that either, just dive and have fun. It's your decision, don't question it otherwise it takes all the fun out of new "stuff".

I can be every bit as perfect as Randy, thank you very much :wink:

Wow, coming across TWO perfect men in one day....I'm a lucky gal. :D

I would love to support my LDS but the only reg they carry that I can afford is the one I used in training and I have, shall I say, not fallen in love with it. Above that reg the price doubles and goes up from there.

I figured I would get flamed for this, but whatever. I guess I will go back to lurker status. I did get a lot of good advice for my first and second post. :wink: ... Anyway, it looks like LP has seen the thread, and is willing to take care of it, so my concerns are moot...

Oh, and yes, the date of the qual dive was something as a surprise, as I am not paying for it and as late as the end of last week thought we were going in late October, but my girlfriend wanted to go sooner, and she's footing the bill, sooo... :confused:

My apologies if you took that as a flame as it was only meant to point out some things in your post that were going to raise a few flags. I did read how LP is offering to 'make it right' for you and I applaud their efforts.

To be honest, your explanation scares me even more... your dive shop trains in their cheapest regs? Your girlfriend doesn't understand that you might need a bit more time to get your gear straightened out? Renting wasn't an option? This has the potential to go downhill fast.

If you really want flame then you should have mentioned that your buddies split fins knocked your spare-air out of your mouth while you were penetrating a wreck at 40 meters on your checkout dives....

Again, I send sincere apolgies if you took it as a flame, it's hard to conveigh emotion in a post - hence the wink-master :wink: thing... but if you want to take it as a flame - so be it.

Hopefully your dives go great and you get your equipment in a timely manner and Santa brings out all you could ever dream.:crafty: (Okay, maybe that last part was a bit un-called for.)

My brother ordered new Poseidon regs from LeisurerPro and received a used set of regs in a dirty bag. He shipped them back and requested a new set like he paid for and they shipped him another set of used regs. He ended up asking for a refund.

I have ordered from LeisurePro a few times and have not had any issues with them or any items I have purchased, so YMMV.

Looks like a lot of new posters are having problems with Leisure pro
That's it. Nobody can order from LP until you have at least 50 posts on SB.

Whew, ok I can still order from LP..........

HUH, that sucks. I guess I can't order. Will you make my order for me until I get my posts up? I'll pay you back I promise!!!

Hey no sweat. What do you want? Um, I will need your CC number though.

Where's the trust? I said I promised to pay you back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom