Anyone order from LeisurePro? They seem pretty messed up...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've always had good service with LP, and they have addictive candy at the store.

Scubatoys is the best.

Personally, I wouldn't order used gear without having PLENTY of time to check it out before a dive (as in a couple of weeks minimum) but that's me.

Not making an excuse for them, they clearly messed up. Just sayin.

While I won't disagree, scubatoy do make mistake sometime. Just last week, I ordered MEN size small wetsuit, they sent me a WOMAN size small wetsuit. Everyone made mistake sometime, the key is how/or will they even, going to fix it for you.

In my case with scubatoy, I called them first thing the next morning, they first told me the MEM small was not available anymore and they offered to pay for sending the wetsuit back. Of course, I wasn't so happy at that time because if they were to sent out the correct wetsuit at the time of order, I would have got the right suit. But they were responsible enough to pay for the return shipping, so I won't complain.

Later on the same day, I checked scubatoy webside, it appeared that they still had the wetsuit I wanted in stock. So either they got resupply or the person I talked to in the morning wasn't trying to help me out. I called ST again. This time, the person I spoke to comfirm that the item was in stock and would ship it out to me.

Overall, it was not a perfect transaction. But I do see ST (at least someone in ST) was trying to make it right.

Back to OP, I have had many online purchase with Leisurepro, never one single issue, at least not yet. Overall, my Leisurepro experience has been better tha ST experience.

Sorry for the double post. But I just re-read the thread. OP placed order on Monday, in Arizona, not sure if time different had been taken into account. Leisurepro sent out package on Tue. I think this is a very reasonable time, in fact very good. 2nd day shipping mean the item will arrive on Thursday, which is today. I don't see anything wrong with it.

If OP don't get it by today, it is UPS's issue. If OP get the package today with wrong item in it, then it is Leisurepro issue. But today hasn't finished yet. I don't know why OP started to complain yesterday.

I made a major purchase from LP about 1 month ago. Everything arrived quickly and as expected. I work in a retail business and I understand things can go wrong. I agree with others that scuba gear should not be a last minute rush purchase. I would buy from LP again in the future.

I've ordered several items from LP and never had a problem. Their prices are great and the merchandise is as described. They did do one strange thing though that cost them a sale but didn't really affect me. I was ordering several things at once (computer, snorkel, dive bag, etc) and ordered a wetsuit as well. They told me at checkout the wetsuit was out of stock and they would notify me when it was back in stock. I went ahead and ordered the other items, paid for them and logged out. I received an acknowledgement of my order from LP and about an hour later got an e-mail the wetsuit was back in stock and would I like to order it? I would have had to pay a whole new shipping charge so I didn't order it. I later wound up buying one from someone else when I bought something else. It sounds like others have had a similar experience. Maybe LP needs to get a better handle on their in stock/out of stock process.

Yes, I have ordered several times from Leisure Pro, and never had a problem. Wouldn't hesitate to order again.

My brother ordered new Poseidon regs from LeisurerPro and received a used set of regs in a dirty bag. He shipped them back and requested a new set like he paid for and they shipped him another set of used regs.

The interesting thing about this comment is that LP does NOT sell new Poseidon regs. Look on their site, Poseidon regs are not listed in the Regulator catagory.

However they DO sell USED Poseidon regs. It is very obvious they are used, because the photo's have a big USED stamped on the side, and the top of the page says: Used | Open Box | Demo. :D

I'm betting your brother ordered a used Poseidon! :eyebrow:

Regs last a LONG time, longer than some owners! If you can get over a few scratches or scuffs, they generally operate as new assuming they have been serviced.

i've also never really had a problem with leisure pro (i think half of my current set up, i bought through them).

They were a little slow when I ordered with them, but everything came here on time after they said they would ship so all was good.

I have spent way too much money at leisurepro (ask my wife) and never had any issues.

Maybe it was the Arizona thing? They know you can't really reach water there and its not safe for you to dive in all that heat.

I'm sure it was some personal issue.

Back
Top Bottom