Anyone still have fun diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A friend of mine once said, "Diving is like sex--even when it's bad, it's still good." I've been diving for about 11 years now, and I have to say that truer words were never spoken.

the cold water the bumpy rib trying to get the dry suit on the weight of the gear the pure joy of being in that gully or hanging on that wall as a shoal of mackreel 100,000 strong swims past the thrill as the sun glitters along the jewel anenomies or seeing a cookoo wrease patrol his area . or the giggle's as you play super man in the surge
yes i love every single one its where i want to be always looking forward to the next one because you never know what's going to show up

A friend of mine once said, "Diving is like sex--even when it's bad, it's still good."

even when it's cold it's good

skinnydogdives:
A friend of mine once said, "Diving is like sex--even when it's bad, it's still good."

even when it's cold it's good

I think I might disagree with you on the cold part...I did my checkdives in November in a local quarry, and it was insanely cold. Ever since then, I've been a sissy about cold water.

Reggae Joe:
A friend of mine once said, "Diving is like sex--even when it's bad, it's still good." I've been diving for about 11 years now, and I have to say that truer words were never spoken.

I wonder what John Bobbit has to say about that...

I must agree, truer words have never been spoken. Actually, the more I think about it the more it seems diving is a lot like sex (at least for me). Usually do it at night (classes during the day), I use protection (drysuit) and if I don't get it often enough I get quite, um... diveually frustrated? I can't wait for winter to roll around again, the viz gets better and I have time to go diving 2-3 times a week!

vladimir:
Go to the PPD forum. They know how to have fun. The majority of SBers seem to take an unnatural pleasure in scolding other divers and obsessing about equipment configurations--to each his own I guess.

what was this thread all about again? :D

PPD? not fun. they are aliens with scuba gear :D

I am an instructor now and I teach almost everyday AND I still love diving just like I did the first dive. After each class, I go down and cruise a while just to enjoy. Diving is truly the greatest. clay

S. starfish:
I wonder what John Bobbit has to say about that...

I must agree, truer words have never been spoken. Actually, the more I think about it the more it seems diving is a lot like sex (at least for me). Usually do it at night (classes during the day), I use protection (drysuit) and if I don't get it often enough I get quite, um... diveually frustrated? I can't wait for winter to roll around again, the viz gets better and I have time to go diving 2-3 times a week!

I hear you. I was kind of dormant on diving for a while, but I've been throwing myself back into it over the past year and a half or so, and I pretty much crave it all the time now.

a dive is a dive and just being in the water (or under) is great. some are better some are not so great - end of the day, every single one is better than a day in the office :wink:.
so yes every single dive is a blast for me - even after all this years. there are no bad dives, just next dives that might be more exiting. i cant think about a single dive i did i would consider bad, maybe not as exiting as i expected, but.....!

A whole other world to explore. The many facades in this sport (fish, reefs, cold water, wrecks, après dives) make for a lifelong study. Making that first dive, mastering your skills along the way to many more. Meeting so many interesting people, all with different backgrounds. This is what juices me about diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom