Anyone using a Hollis wing on either a HOG or Dive Rite backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Dive Rite aluminum back plate and the Hollis S25, the cam band slots line up just fine.

I have a Dive Rite aluminum back plate and the Hollis S25, the cam band slots line up just fine.

Would you mind posting the measurement from the top of the upper cam band slot to top of the lower cam band slot. Thanks

Would you mind posting the measurement from the top of the upper cam band slot to top of the lower cam band slot. Thanks

On the backplate this is 7-3/8". On the wing, 7-3/4". The slots in the wing are 1/4" wider than those in the backplate so the small difference in spacing doesn't cause trouble. The spacing between the sex bolt holes and the slots also matches up between the two.

IMG_0160.JPG IMG_0163.JPG

On the backplate this is 7-3/8". On the wing, 7-3/4". The slots in the wing are 1/4" wider than those in the backplate so the small difference in spacing doesn't cause trouble. The spacing between the sex bolt holes and the slots also matches up between the two.

What type of cam bands are you using? The reason I ask is that they look non-standard. I know that Dive Rite makes a narrow 1.5" band.

What type of cam bands are you using? The reason I ask is that they look non-standard. I know that Dive Rite makes a narrow 1.5" band.

They look like 2" bands, given they fill the whole slot on the plate.

Sorry ams511 just looked again, they look like 2" but maybe Highland or the like.

View attachment 157217 View attachment 157218

Those are the exact same cam bands I use with my S25 wing. Thanks for the pic. I think I am going buy the DR plate,$55 at DGE vs $109 for the Hollis.

They look like 2" bands, given they fill the whole slot on the plate.

Sorry ams511 just looked again, they look like 2" but maybe Highland or the like.

Correct, those are Highland cam bands with the quick release. The webbing is standard 2".

Those are the exact same cam bands I use with my S25 wing. Thanks for the pic. I think I am going buy the DR plate,$55 at DGE vs $109 for the Hollis.

DGE is probably a better deal because you get a name brand plate and free shipping over $50.00. The harness is not all that great on the Storm and the coating is smooth not rough like the HOG. DGE has excellent prices on the hardware.

Edit: Another alternative could be to give Cave Adventures a call and see if their plate fits the wing. They are a Hollis dealer also.

Got my Dive Rite AL plate yesterday. My Hollis S25 wing fits perfectly. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom