Anyone using a Hollis wing on either a HOG or Dive Rite backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think your cam band is NOT threaded correctly. The last slot of the buckle, the webbing should thread from inside to outside, then covering the end of the buckle, then attach to velcro.

On the backplate this is 7-3/8". On the wing, 7-3/4". The slots in the wing are 1/4" wider than those in the backplate so the small difference in spacing doesn't cause trouble. The spacing between the sex bolt holes and the slots also matches up between the two.

View attachment 157217 View attachment 157218

Can anyone help me. Bought a hollis HTS harness at a good price $150 planning to use a diverite wing I have but the middle part of the wing seems to be too wide to fit between the harness. I am hoping I can jam it in there. Anyone else run into a similiar problem?

---------- Post added November 10th, 2014 at 07:07 PM ----------

On the backplate this is 7-3/8". On the wing, 7-3/4". The slots in the wing are 1/4" wider than those in the backplate so the small difference in spacing doesn't cause trouble. The spacing between the sex bolt holes and the slots also matches up between the two.

View attachment 157217 View attachment 157218

is having that metal right on your back uncomfortable ?

singles or doubles and what wing? The HTS is essentially a cheaper quality version of the Transpac, and most of the Dive Rite wings that work for single tanks are designed for the transpac, which is why none of them have stabilizer bars for STA-less diving on hard backplates.

Back
Top Bottom