AOW course feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axua:
The Advance Open Water is no longer called as such it is now Adventures In Diving. The courses in it are designed to give the new diver something to do underwater, it was designed to make diving more fun for new divers.

Here's what padi.com has to say about the Adventure Diver prog: "The Adventures in Diving program offers both the Adventure Diver and Advanced Open Water Diver certifications. If you complete any three adventure dives, you can earn your PADI Adventure Diver certification. If you complete your Deep Adventure Dive, Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive and three Adventure Dives for a total of five, you can earn your Advanced Open Water Diver certification."

So if you do just three dives, then you've done the program but aren't allowed to go below 18m yet. If you do all five dives from AOW, except with Adventure added to each dive name (e.g. Deep Adventure Dive instead of Deep Dive), then you get the AOW certification. But you can just skip the Adventures in Diving, and do the AOW, which is the same as the latter version of the Adventures in Diving, except without Adventure in the title of each dive.

Of course, if the 3 dive version of Adventures in Diving is cheaper than AOW, then you could just take that, and do the Deep Diver specialty on top of it, so then you could go straight down to 40m. But if you think you might go on to the Rescue Diver course and beyond, then you'll need the AOW as a prereq.

don't knock it... i've seen frightfully old people (my age) who couldn't swim to save their lives... in a country with 7107 islands you'd think they'd have figured it out...

then again... try mo spoon... tell us how it is... don't confuse lang your classmates when you explain to them the benefit of a long hose system hahahahahaha

Jag

PS
just realized something... i have to work my buns off to get dive related stuff and my little girl (currently 8 months old) already has a free OW course she can claim anytime... bwisit...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom