AOW course feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov:
to answer for AUXA, PADI does not give us anything except for the training materials after the IDC and PADI system of support.

the cost is driven mostly by market forces. Cost by the way is being criticized by a lot of Pros for being cheap here in the philippines.

there is this notion that since the course is cheap, instructors will try to make shortcuts to make the teaching quicker. by that student turnover is higher. i have heard horror stories but this is not actually documented. sorry if their are a few rotten apples ruining the image of the lot but honestly padi should do something about this.

Axua:
Don't Forget the PADI Bubblemaker! Let's imbibe the PADI system early.. after all It is the way the world learns to dive :)

i frankly dont know anyone that knows anyone that knows of a someone that has taken the padi bubblemaker:)

paolov:
GO for it hahahhahaha despite detractors of PADI system, they still are the leader.

oh my gosh I hope no one from PADI office here they haven't sent in my papers yet they might think Im being sarcastic here and cancel my application!!

ahh ahem ahem.. Fellow Filipino Divers PADI really is the way the world learns to dive ok. :) seriously though I think their educational system works and it is based on a profit model because diving really is a business just like any other hobby, at least the professional side of it. It actually puts food on the table for many people.

Spoon:
there is this notion that since the course is cheap, instructors will try to make shortcuts to make the teaching quicker. by that student turnover is higher. i have heard horror stories but this is not actually documented. sorry if their are a few rotten apples ruining the image of the lot but honestly padi should do something about this.

there are a lot of rotten apples. and padi does have a system of dealing with such people. however philippines being not as litigatious as USA, Audtralia and the UK, most Padi pros just don't bother doing the paper work and instead talk to Course Directors for the matter. yun typong ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES way

Spoon:
i frankly dont know anyone that knows anyone that knows of a someone that has taken the padi bubblemaker:)

mostly this is taken by kids of EXPATS. it is done once in a while in portulano upon parents request. It is a great way to bond with kids too young to go diving with parents.

i have done several of this kind with kids as well.

PADI is for recreational diving only not for tech or commercial. there are other agencies that deals with those better. so PADI really is just in a small niche but is making a very good job at that. They spend for research on way of "learning: hence the motto provide by Auxa.

i got other scuba certifications other than PADI. when i do recreational i use PADI cards and system. other sort of diving, i use whip out the other c-cards so to speak.

paolov:
there are a lot of rotten apples. and padi does have a system of dealing with such people. however philippines being not as litigatious as USA, Audtralia and the UK, most Padi pros just don't bother doing the paper work and instead talk to Course Directors for the matter. yun typong ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES way

i know bro. i guess there will always be the bad eggs in every agency but i especially have my worst experiences with padi instructors. first impressions last malas nalang na padi sila but they have temporarily put a tarnish on the padi image in my mind. i know its unfair but from my posts from before all those tragic and negative experiences were with padi people. also one of the reasons why i was cut all ties with S.world

my intention is not to step on peoples toes, just talking about my first experiences with diving. also maybe diving with good people will change that for me. thats why i look forward to diving with you guys. i know my perception of padi will change.

i know of someone who had to buy a bubblemaker-marked BC because she was too small to fit even in an XS BC...

does this count?

Jag

PS
tae ba ang bubblemaker? was seriously considering putting my little girl into that in a few years

not to put any pressure on axua (and paolov) but feeling ko it's great for him to see all this feedback (good and bad) on the PADI system with him fresh out of his IE

malay nyo, he becomes among the 1st of a new breed of pinoy DIs who not repeat the mistakes of the past (or of others)

nax!

Jag

Back
Top Bottom